Hyperkin - Retron 77. HD Atari 2600?

Atari Today

If Atari were smart, and that is a BIG if, they would have made a RISC system like the Atari Jaguar and its predecessors. I wish that they would have someone smart who really knows gaming take over. They guys emulate old stuff. Emulate! They are over-doing old things on the cheap, and that is the problem. Whatever happened to innovation? What happened to real hardware? As I have stated before, emulation is great. But, in the 21st Century, there is too much emulation now. Everything is emulated! Why not try to reverse-engineer some of this older stuff and do it right? They could emulate and use real hardware at the same time, but I believe emulation should be done sparingly. As a last resort. That's if it can't be done on real hardware. It's to the point where the hardware is too cheaply made to the point where it can be chintzy.

So, BTB,  if you are watching this post, I happen to agree with you about the differences between emulation and real hardware. 

But, I know these guys can do it right. If they can afford putting up Atari-branded hotels, they can afford a few million euros (after all, they are in France) and create a great system. Hacks! Nothing but hacks hiding behind what used to be a great and dominating name in the video game industry. Balderdash!

Edited by DegasElite