Atari 8-bit ports to 5200 in the works

peteym5

Looking forward to these releases peteym5. A complete version of Venture on the Atari 5200 would be a welcome addition and I'm excited to see what you can do with Secretum Labyrinth. If you can work out bank switching on the 5200 I'd love to see the entire game ported. Any chance of getting Secretum Labyrinth on the 7800 too?

I just got one of the games converted and we will be using it as a template for the other games. Over the last 2 years, I made a series of games that can run on an Atari 8-bit computer with as little as 16K RAM. I am working with someone to port a few others over. I chose Secretum Labyrinth Kings Gold as another possibility because that is a smaller game that was designed to be loaded from disk into RAM, and with a little help with Inflate/Deflate, fit onto a 32K ROM cartridge, and work with that 16K RAM on the 5200. Secretum Labyrinth Kings Gold had about 96 rooms vs The Legend having 256 rooms. This 5200 cartridge could have somewhere between.  How many different screen will become available will depend on how much I can downsize the program and data, but it may be possible to have a larger map.

Some games can be taking advantage of the analog joystick and keypad on the 5200. Like how far you move the joystick over will affect the speed something moves. What I need to know, how many people have those Y-Cable or after market joystick devices that allow db-9 joysticks to be attached that cause the joystick to read as being fully pushed into a direction. I could have a option before starting the game to make the game behave as the Atari 8-bit version of the game.

I managed to convert 9 different games I have the rights and make them playable on the 5200. Amokbots, Delta Space Arena, HeliCommander, Laser Blast X, Megaoids 2016, Putt 18 Miniature Golf, Surround'Em, Tile Smashers, and Venture.

The only game that is still in the process of being ported is a version of Secretum Labyrinth. I originally wanted to port "Secretum Labyrinth Kings Gold" over. However since that game was a free download for the Atari 8-bit area, I decided to make it worthwhile for people to purchase and change things around inside its realm. It will have a new room map, and stuff moved to all new locations. A new store is being written with a new sub title. Include a few features I had been developing for next cartridge game for the 8-bit. 

I managed to convert 9 different games I have the rights and make them playable on the 5200. Amokbots, Delta Space Arena, HeliCommander, Laser Blast X, Megaoids 2016, Putt 18 Miniature Golf, Surround'Em, Tile Smashers, and Venture.

The only game that is still in the process of being ported is a version of Secretum Labyrinth. I originally wanted to port "Secretum Labyrinth Kings Gold" over. However since that game was a free download for the Atari 8-bit area, I decided to make it worthwhile for people to purchase and change things around inside its realm. It will have a new room map, and stuff moved to all new locations. A new store is being written with a new sub title. Include a few features I had been developing for next cartridge game for the 8-bit. 

we will be starting the beta testing process in a week or so. i cannot wait to announce these games when they become available. it was always my dream to port some of our games over to other atari platforms, it looks like those dreams are about to become reality.

we will try to keep the atari community posted and updated with current information as it becomes available.

lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

Here is a Work-in-Progress video for Secretum Labyrinth Xenogenesis that will be a game within the Secretum Labyrinth series. It will be an Atari 5200 specific game because it is geared toward using 32K ROM + 16K RAM, instead of 64K ROM + 64K RAM on the 8-bit versions.  It is set up to use the controllers, joystick + keypad. I have considered 64K to 512K ROMs, but from what I understand, that extra logic chip may up the price of the game. So I tried to make more extensive use of Deflate/Inflate compression, and other optimization techniques so there is more going on with the game.

Like the other Secretum Labyrinth games, this is Role Playing Game inspired. If anybody wants to see more RPG like features added, let me know. Work on this game is on-going for probably until October 2017. Then we start working on making  the cartridge and make sure it works correctly.

I wanted something with X in the title since the Atari 5200 was also known as Video System X.

Here are some updated screen shots of Secretum Labyrinth Xenogenesis. I have been working on this game Xenogenesis for the last few months. This will be a new and exclusive game for the 5200. Video 61 originally wanted to call it "Secretum Labyrinth X" to reflect the the 5200 was originally called Video System X. I suggested maybe a word the starts with an X or an X in the word. Figured Xenogenesis was fitting because we had these mad magicians doing crazy genetic engineering to make these monsters that inhabit the dungeons.

I altered the dungeon map, scroll texts, and item placement, from Kings Gold, so this game will have a new solution. There are also new tasks you need to do to get past certain points inside the dungeon. Of course I am not going to tell you what they are or how to get past them. That challenge will be for you to play the game and figure out.

post-144-0-61888100-1506789604.jpg

post-144-0-38020800-1506789605.jpg

post-144-0-01188200-1506789606.jpg

post-144-0-75308700-1506789607.jpg