Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

A picture of our 80's TV!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,995 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

In cleaning up my parents' house, I've got the unenviable task of looking through their thousands of photographs and deciding what to keep.  It's exhausting.  Then, out of nowhere, comes this gem.  It's a picture of my mom and dad all gussied up...but off to the right of the frame, it's our old TV setup!  I went ahead and cropped it to the good stuff. 

Please note it's a console TV.  And what's on at that moment?  Star Trek!  Check out that VCR.  I don't know why or how, but my normally cheap father sprung for one of the smallest VCR's available.  It was an RCA, and it lasted forever.  We didn't normally get to play Atari on this TV (the dreaded fear of harming that valuable TV), but once in a while, when I was sick, I did, and it was AWESOME.

Attached Thumbnails

• TV Star Trek.jpg

• The Professor, greenween, Arenafoot and 5 others like this

#2 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,125 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

tenor.gif

• greenween and RickR like this

#3 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,028 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:00 AM

Too bad they don't make TVs like that anymore.  Those where the best TVs in my opinion.

#4 BlackCatz40

BlackCatz40

Orange Member

• 162 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

That's mint. I love that retro VCR and the TV. It brings back memories. :)

#5 LeeJ07

LeeJ07

Apple Member

• 985 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

I bet you could identify that episode based on Spock's position alone.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

#6 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,995 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:23 AM

I couldn't find any pictures of our Atari 2600 set up from the glory days...but here is the room in the basement it resided in (all cleaned up). 

In that back right corner, there was a two-tiered, wheeled TV stand.  19" Sampo color TV on top shelf, Atari on the bottom.  There was a bookcase on that right wall that housed all the boxes from the games (sadly, those got thrown out years ago).  The floor had a grey area rug. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 020.jpg

• atarilbc and StormSurge like this

#7 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 609 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:04 AM

Thanks for sharing your memories Rick. I've finally had a chance to come back around these parts and try and catch up with some things and found this thread =) the first pic gave me the warm fuzzies. That's a really nice looking VCR... do you remember the brand? 

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#8 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,995 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:47 AM

Zenith I think, or maybe RCA. I still have it I think. In my attic.
  • Clint Thompson likes this

#9 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,995 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:50 AM

And welcome back!
  • Clint Thompson likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users