Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

F1 Racer (Aka World Tour Racing) Atari tester report

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

MODS:For the 1st time ever, i'm asking if youi could be so kind as to LOCK this thread.

It's clear there's no hope of further discussion on WTR and i'll be damned if Scott's kindness in sharing info is wasted on the nonsense i've wasted time engaging with today.

I've also Messaged Justin to close my account on here.

You guys have had ALL the Atari info i myself had, Scotts files i'm sure have been copied by the usual suspects.

Basically F-The Jaguar Community, it's not something i want to be associated with ANY longer.

Bad enough morons out there on JSIII want to act like bloody Gollum and keep info for themselves, we now have Grima Wormtongue clocking up..whispering about the supposed power of the wretched hardware...

I'll happily take a ban, only sad thing is..i'm never getting the time i've wasted p*ssing about today.

@Scott:No wonder you weren't interested in keeping those Files, christ i should of just read the bloody things and deleted them, it's just drawn out the lurkers on Unseen64/Atarimania/Assembler and now here.

Edited by Lost Dragon, 08 July 2017 - 03:21 PM.

#22 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

I'll happily take a ban, only sad thing is..i'm never getting the time i've wasted p*ssing about today.

You're not going to be banned here. We're sad to see you go but you're welcome whenever you feel you want to come back. 

• MaximumRD and TeddyGermany like this

#23 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:26 AM

I'm sorry that it has come to the stage where i now honestly feel i do not want to discuss anything ATARI related, because all it does is flag up for the very worst type of person in the Atari community.

Thosae like Greyfox who have worked with me for a number of years, know the true story of what i referer to here, as various, slanderous attempts were made on both our characters during the Atari Gamer and ST Gamer era's and abusive PM's sent to myself demmanding i show that i knew more about Atari then the self proclaimed experts.

Well i think during my time here i've given a much clearer out look on the UK side of Atari concerning the 5200/7800/XEGS saga.

The ST side of things, pointing out the spat between Sir Clive and Atari UK..ST Vs Ql etc, something RetroGamer Magazine never touched on.

The Lynx:Updated research on Rolling thunder thanks to Joel Seider, Tiretxe Strider II interview/scoop with thanks to GTW, Jeff Minter's Ultra Star Raiders claims put to bed...

And the Jaguar-So much research done into Lost games, claims cleared up, people spoken to at length etc etc.

Scott's internal files giving the REAL accounts as well.

Yet all it has done is have the likes of:

Marty Goldberg, Kieran Hawkins, KGRAMR, A31/JagChris/usual suspects on Atari Age..slag off my grammar, writing etc..(like when have i ever said i was anything but a researcher?), but most importantly the credible, industry sourced information, just because it went agains't an established claim or their viewpoint or wahhh, we got it before they did.

I saw the Mort Magazine scan DVD's i paid £5 per disc for, copied lock stock and barrel on RVG by Kieran Hawkins. my press clippings i'd sent for the good of the RVG community, passed off as his own, my scrapbook pages still up in places claimed to be his.

I saw my interviews on GTW all voted 1/5 same day, same I.P...ohhh i wonder who that could of been? the person who suddenly woke up, realised GTW covered Atari, wanted to replace me as researcher, but was declined?

Atarimania had to delete Kieran's offensive post when they linked to the Jim Gregory interview i did on here....

Unseen64 had to delete JSIII person KGRAMR's comments (posts as R on Unseen64) in the Jaguar entries there

Now A31/Jagchris suddenly decides he'll bump his post count here from 4 all these years, but rather than bring info of his own we ALL can benifit from, derails thread after thread i've created after putting time in to convert the files Scott kindly sent.

And this morning, my 1st day off, i've had to waste further time responding to KGRAMR on Assembler forums over his pathetic attempt to discredit my Panther research, this after he tried similar on my Jaguar research.

https://assemblergam...-panther.65931/

These morons get banned from Atari Age etc, dropped from Wave 1 games, caught lying, altering Wikipedia pages, lying to industry people such as Nolan Bushnell, publically slander Bushnell, RJ Mical, Jeff Minter, Rebellion, Probe, ATD etc

Tell lies, fake footage, pass speculation off as fact, upset people on FB, Atari forums, are reason people refuse to join forums or quit, stop buying magazines, waste MOD's valuable time, yet want to be seen as THE EXPERTS, say they are victims, they have Aspergers etc etc....

Enough is enough.

It's bad enough ALL the research we as a community on here have done is bing copied lock, stock and barrel for outsiders to slink off with it to create expert articles on..elsewhere and pitch for paid for work with we having done all the hard work, but the stalking of we researchers each/everytime we find something new and the vain attempts to discredit the info, our sources and we ourselves...

Is pathetic.

I'm no longer prepared to feed insecure, damaged peoples mindsets.

This community has been bloody amazing, it's a stark contrast to the few, pathetic, yet vocal, individuals acting like a cancer on the community out there.

Hold your heads high Atari I.O people..your YT channels are a bloody beacon as well, i'll see you guys there.

• Greyfox likes this

#24 Greyfox

Greyfox

Orange Member

• 213 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:09 PM

Firstly I'm deeply sadden to see this departure of at least one person connected to many actually bring more light to undiscovered regions of Atari information very few people have achieved in such a short term than those you can doing in a year. With Lost Dragon's departure here, I feel myself that I will re-seed from posting here in the near future as I think he had a lot of heart and passion in his pists only to be in recent posts be ridiculed by the low levelers like Jagchris aka A31chris etc. But of course this will be seen as constructive opinion on his part but he knows what hes doing here to which I wont engage in, only in this instance.

So I'm at a loss here in seeing what may be the point in posting here at Atari IO, as many posts go unanswered or interacted with to which I've mentioned a few times if you search my posts you'll see what I'm talking about. I will of course check in from time to time, but this may be my final post here myself.

@Lost Dragon, it has being a pleasure Reading your findings and amazing undercover work you have invested to bring here to all the members of Atari IO and myself and simply wish to Thank You for everything

All the best

Darren

Edited by Greyfox, 12 July 2017 - 04:13 PM.

• Lost Dragon and TeddyGermany like this

Atari Gamer Magazine - Explore the Atari 8-bit in the 21st Century

↓↓Click Here to See More↓↓

WWW.ATARIGAMER.CO.UK

#25 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 3,040 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

:(

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#26 atarilbc

atarilbc

Apple Member

• 545 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:05 AM

@LostDragon: I appreciate the various interviews that you've conducted and the info that you've brought forward to the Jaguar/Atari scene. I hope that you can see your way to coming back to the forum when you're ready.

Edited by atarilbc, 14 July 2017 - 03:06 AM.

#27 Lost Dragon

Lost Dragon

Banana Member

• 2,942 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

Sorry but as yesterday proved, i yet again had to waste valuable time dealing with issues of people stalking me from site to site and attempting to discredit myself and the info i was sharing:

https://assemblergam...-panther.65931/

Hopefully that's put the issue to bed, KGRAMR was acting on some very missleading information and got himself very, very confused as other than putting a question to Core Design on behalf of Reboot, i have had no association with them.

Haven't owned an ST in over 20 years, never owned any Jaguar Homebrew or had a Jag CD, sold my Jaguar to buy a PS1 on Day 1, that's how long since i've been a Jaguar owner, so have zero interest in trying ST ports on Jaguar with enhancements.

No idea who the guy is editing Wikipedia pages, as i stated in my lengthy reply, i've been around online for years, but never had a Wikipedia account...

Well aware i was slagged off by Kieran Hawkins for pointing out it shouldn't of been printed as a FAC T that Lynx sold 3 Million units when it was based purely on inital Atari Corp sales figures and Darryl Still from Atari UK going along with a suggested number in a Q put to him in an RVG Community interview.

But given Kierans mental health issues and own reputation in the community for making up stories and passing them off as fact, i wasn't going to create an account just to respond to a known troll who badly needs some professional help to deal with a very real world mental health issue.

It's just become far too apparent that a small number of inscure, but vocal, people online really hate other people finding what really became of games they were looking forward too..be it Lynx Rolling Thunder, Jaguar:Conan, Freelancer 2120, etc etc and lash out when findings are shared, freely and not held within Elitist, Memembers only FB sites like JS III.

Also this crazy bias towards certain developers...even when their finest games are flawed..wrong team colours, speech out of synch with in-game events, over looked whilst others described as poor, lazy, sloppy coders etc.

it's childish.

As is people refusing to admit they took Press claims at face value or got confused themselves.

I think it's pretty bloody clear now certain people took UFG claim of Jaguar Quake being 30-40% finished and then saw Carmack saying he could recode Doom on Jaguar to get it running in Higher Resolution, faster frame rate, better lightning and never said Quake was running on Jaguar at these improvements over Jaguar Doom.

Mortal Kombat III was NOT running at E3 on Jaguar or CES, If it was? Atari would of been all over it, as would press.

Lynx versions of:APB, SOTB and yes Viking Child are not BEST versions, they are cut down from even the ST version, despite running on superior hardware.

Whilst i continue to work behind the scenes with Unseen64/GTW/BTB/Shinto etc.

Wasting so much time dealing with the kingdom of the blind because they've followed me here or anywhere else is over.

Even prior to the events of the last few weeks:

As soon as i started to share news of Lynx Strider 2 being confirmed finished, extra level etc to certain sites that had previousily sneered at the Tiertex Game, it's credibilty was initally questioned as thier Tiertex Source, guy who coded Genesis version, wasn't aware of it...Ohh they still wanted to do a story based on the find themselves though...

If there's going to be this type of reaction each time new finds are shared, forget it.

And hopefully people can understand why i feel this way.

And as Greyfox says..what's the point of creating new threads when, so many are ghost towns from the start?

I was planning to add another title to the B.O.T.S.S thread, in terms of a coin-op title ideally suited to Jaguar, never had home conversion, but i thought what is the point?

ALL i'm really doing is giving likes of Kieran Hawkins ideas for future work, be it online or in print, or at very least another YT video to spam up.

Edited by Lost Dragon, 15 July 2017 - 10:32 AM.

#28 Scott Stilphen

Scott Stilphen

Orange Member

• 187 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:31 PM

I'm sorry to see you withdraw from here as well, Ross.  I hope you reconsider.

Regarding my files, it's not that I wasn't interested in keeping them, but rather not having the time to go through them and put them in proper context, which is something you gratefully did, and at breakneck speed.  As far as others using the material for their own personal gains, that self-serving element has always been in the hobby and unfortunately always will be.  But your posts are on public record now and can be referenced as source material.  Should someone decide to use it w/o referencing the source, I suggest instead of dealing with them, contact the publishers of their articles (whether it's online or in print) and make them aware their writer is stealing copyrighted material.

#29 atarilbc

atarilbc

Apple Member

• 545 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

I'm actively playing WTR for the first time in years for another blog post. The early cart version shown in the video looks to run much faster and more smoothly than in the final game. It would have been interesting to see a stripped down version that removed the textures in favor of flat-shaded polygons and higher resolution.

#30 TeddyGermany

TeddyGermany

Orange Member

• 197 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

I still hope for Lost Dragon's return.
  • Justin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users