Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari 2700 found in a thrift store!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 463 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

This is the kind of story I LOVE to read!!!!!!!! Hope it ended up in the right hands!

https://www.reddit.c...uch_would_this/

• Justin, greenween, RickR and 4 others like this

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#2 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 463 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

• Justin, btbfilms76, StormSurge and 2 others like this

#3 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

I saw this after the auction closed. I've been in the market for a 2700 for a while. This one didn't have the controllers but still needed a good home  :)

• Gemini Gamer likes this

#4 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 463 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

I saw this after the auction closed. I've been in the market for a 2700 for a while. This one didn't have the controllers but still needed a good home  :)

I guess that is where I am coming from, hoping it is in the right hands. Sure it would be AMAZING to have the entire package but I would have been just as happy to have console only!!!! Such an amazing piece of Atari and video game history!!!! 

Oh, and should you EVER acquire one, you better invite me over to check it out!!!! 

Edited by Atari Creep, 03 August 2017 - 02:29 PM.

• Gemini Gamer likes this

#5 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,524 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

Pretty awesome.
  • Atari Creep likes this

#6 nolram

nolram

• 15 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:19 PM

Awesome story!

Official Wizard of the Odyssey 2 / Videopac Brotherhood!

#7 TrekMD

TrekMD

Pretzel Member

• 306 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

This was one cool story to read.  None of the charity stores where I live have stuff like this! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#8 pizzabear

pizzabear

Cherry Member

• 22 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:34 PM

Goes to show there are still rad finds out there, despite it seeming like a good deal desert 98% of the time. 

• MaximumRD and Atari Creep like this

#9 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Apple Member

• 927 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:01 AM

My holy grail system would have to be the Atari System X. Similar to the 2700 only about a dozen were made. Unlike the 2700 the System X did get showed off and went into production as the 5200 we all know, love it or hate it. But the System X was only publicly displayed once originally at an expo showcasing Atari's newest upcoming gaming platform. It was the only day that all of the System X consoles were used publicly and may have been made only for the expo. I am obsessed with the 5200 and my passion for this system knows absolutely no boundaries. To have that System X here in my possession would keep me so happy that I wouldn't want any more consoles. I would do my best to have it cosmetically restored back to a brand new showroom shine and I would use it once in a while. There is no way I would let it sit for very long without playing a game on it. It would be the upfront centerpiece in my game room.
  • Atari Creep and TrekMD like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users