What's up, Atari peeps?

pizzabear

I used to frequent this forum a bit about a year or so ago, but I set aside collecting games, by and large, for the better part of a year and am now getting back into it. (Don't worry. I didn't sell any of my stuff; I just spent money on my other collecting pursuits for a while--Star Wars stuff and movies.) 

I collect for a whole bunch of classic and more modern consoles. On the Atari front, I currently have the Atari 2600 (Sears Tele-Games and Atari Junior models), a 5200, a modded 7800, and the XEGS for 8-bit shenanigans. I'd like to go for the full set of 7800 games, but I'm also balancing for other systems, so it's slow going. I'm not in a rush. The Atari bug has hit me hard lately, so I've been mainly beefing up my 2600 library recently. 

Anyway, I don't mean to blather. This community is rad, and I want to be an active part of it. So color me excited. I'd like to get more into the other classic systems from the 70s/80s, too, specifically the Intellivision and ColecoVision, both of which I know relatively little about (enough to get started, at least). Looking forward to learning more. I have one lonely Intellivision game and nothing for the ColecoVision (no systems, either!). 

K, that's probably enough for now. 

Thanks for having me!

Yo! Welcome to Atari I/O! You can not go wrong here. Lots of fun things going on here. I agree with RickR...check the trading and for sale posts. Some of the games and systems up for grabs are going at "low low prices!!" OK...maybe I made that last part up but much cheaper than any other place on the internet. That includes physical businesses as well. And all of these members are very trustworthy

Welcome to the forums pizzabear!

I used to frequent this forum a bit about a year or so ago, [...] This community is rad, and I want to be an active part of it. So color me excited. I'd like to get more into the other classic systems from the 70s/80s, too, specifically the Intellivision and ColecoVision, both of which I know relatively little about (enough to get started, at least). Looking forward to learning more. I have one lonely Intellivision game and nothing for the ColecoVision (no systems, either!). 

It's great to have you join and start participating in discussions! About half our traffic are lurkers who don't post, it's always nice to have someone step out of the woodwork and join the community! THRILLED to have you here! Especially someone who is interested in a wide variety of classic video game systems.  :wreck-it-ralph:

On the Atari front, I currently have [...] a modded 7800

Would love to hear about that one! btbfilms76 and I also have modded 7800s.

Welcome to the forums pizzabear!

It's great to have you join and start participating in discussions! About half our traffic are lurkers who don't post, it's always nice to have someone step out of the woodwork and join the community! THRILLED to have you here! Especially someone who is interested in a wide variety of classic video game systems.  :wreck-it-ralph:

Would love to hear about that one! btbfilms76 and I also have modded 7800s.

Thanks! And thanks to all the other folks who've posted since my initial thanks. Y'all are a warm bunch, for sure, and I'm glad to be here. 

My 7800 isn't anything too fancy. I bought it in a lot off eBay, unmodded, and immediately sent it to Retro Fixes (he has a website under the same name, but I knew about him from frequenting NintendoAge for the last few years). I highly recommend his work if anyone is looking for mods. He did a composite mod and changed the LED color to purple for me and even patched a hole in the casing free of charge!