Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

That ATARI Speaker hat lol.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 975 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

Well it is ATARI labeled after all so I guess that makes it a collectible? Truth is I don't wear hats, not a hat guy, this admittedly sucks as there sure have been a lot of hats / caps etc, I would LIKE to of considered over the years. Anyway I am sure most of you are aware of modern "ATARI" as of late (HINT THEY ARE NOT ATARI SO MUCH AS COPYRIGHT CHASERS LOOKING FOR FUNDING) but that all said maybe as simply a collector piece that would sit on the shelf one might consider the new ATARI SPEAKER HAT lol

lol

Callpture.PNG

Capture.PNG

• The Professor, Atari Creep and MalakZero like this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#2 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Apple Member

• 999 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:14 PM

The person wearing the hat looks better than the hat to me.  The hat needs more color.  Maybe a wood-grain like material with a silver logo might look better ;)

• MaximumRD and Atari Creep like this

#3 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 2,663 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

I'm not a hat guy either, but I will give credit for the current Atari trying to branch out a bit and doing more than just license out their stuff.

This actually reminds me of the early Atari a little, who would constantly try weird, strange and sometimes cool stuff.

• MalakZero likes this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#4 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

Pretzel Member

• 469 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:45 AM

"While not having anything blutooth on my head."  HAHAHAHA It's a HAT!!!!!!

This seems like fodder to me. Fun, interesting but a goof if ya ask me!!!!!!!!  

Ant that comes from a guy that hardly talks anything down. 

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#5 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

Absolute trash  :info:

• MaximumRD likes this

#6 Ballblaɀer

Ballblaɀer

Defender

• 465 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

I'd fall into the "who cares?" part of the spectrum of opinion if not for the fact that these have little purpose other than to be obtrusive.  These days, it's a rare subway ride where one isn't exposed to someone's crappy music played through some tinny cell phone speaker.  Nobody wants to hear what you're listening to, I promise.  And exactly how good are speakers in a hat brim going to be, anyway?  (Here, I'll tell you: not all that good.)

Anyway, for this reason alone I hope the hat venture is a failure.

I'm all for innovation and the creation of "I didn't even know I wanted it because, until now, it didn't exist" type products.  And hey, I could even go for a nice, stylish, minimalist Atari hat.  But nobody was asking for this, as far as I can tell, and I suspect that the only people who will use this product as intended are those without respect for others' rights to exist in an undisturbed public setting.

• MaximumRD likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users