Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Abandoned - Youtube series

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,421 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:28 PM

Along the same lines as the "Dead Mall" series, I found this YouTube series by Bright Sun Films about abandoned places.  The videos are short but well done. 

Here's one on the Pontiac Sliverdome:

And another on Disney's Discovery Island:

Looks like there's about 30 in the series.

• Justin, MaximumRD, LeeJ07 and 1 other like this

#2 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Very cool! I've been getting into this sort of thing recently, ever since I started watching the Dan Bell videos posted in here. Very interesting stuff.

• RickR, LeeJ07 and kamakazi20012 like this

#3 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,335 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

I've been watching Bright Sun's Abandoned for a while now.  It's interesting stuff they dig up.  There is also one other abandoned series I forget the exact name other than it has Jake in it.  Then I switched to watching abandoned railroads and people making carts to ride those rails.  THAT would be something I would do!

• Justin, RickR and LeeJ07 like this

#4 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,421 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

I've been watching Bright Sun's Abandoned for a while now.  It's interesting stuff they dig up.  There is also one other abandoned series I forget the exact name other than it has Jake in it.  Then I switched to watching abandoned railroads and people making carts to ride those rails.  THAT would be something I would do!

Post links to the others you've found when you get a chance, k.  I am really enjoying these!

• Justin likes this

#5 LeeJ07

LeeJ07

Pear Member

• 1,007 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:04 AM

The only downside is these videos make me want to explore these locations myself. ;)
  • Justin likes this
"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

#6 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,421 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

The only downside is these videos make me want to explore these locations myself. ;)

sounds like upside to me.  Maybe there's abandoned locations in your area to explore...

• Justin and LeeJ07 like this

#7 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,421 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

Here's one on an 80's icon:  the McBarge

• Justin likes this

#8 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,335 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

Here's the guy I've been talking about.  He made a trip to Japan and...

Enjoy!

• Justin and RickR like this

#9 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,335 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:02 AM

This is the one video that led to my discovery of Josh and his crew.  "Just a guy with a camera."  Yea...but you got to visit Japan, bro!  So...if I have a camera I should be able to visit Japan, too, right?  LOL.  Just kidding guys.  Josh seems pretty cool.

Enjoy!

• Justin likes this

#10 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,421 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

I'm gonna check that out, K.  Looks good. 

• Justin likes this

#11 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:23 PM

I don't live in an area with a lot of dead malls or abandoned places, but what there is is interesting. I'm going to start sharing some of my pictures on here once I sort through them. Also of interest may be "abandoned" theme park attractions and pavilions that really aren't all that off-limits or hard to get to.

#12 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,335 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

I use to live close to the area in this next video.  About 30 minutes away.  I new of the project but I never knew it failed.

• RickR likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users