Controller: PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: Normal

Achieve high score to win challenge
Play on: Real Hardware / Dedicated Console / Emulation OK! ✔

Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST September 15th, 2017

:pole_position_blimp_big: In Memory of Ken Siders

b*nQ : : September 3rd - 15th

Beef Drop : : September 16th - 30th

Objective: Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between September 3rd through September 15th, 2017. Screen captures are not allowed as they are easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the 1-month competition will be crowned the victor!

Eligibility: Anyone can join in. All players are welcome!

Play Rules: Games may be played on real hardware or emulation, using any controller or keyboard, following rules and game settings as delineated in the Squad Challenge. Enhancements and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

Difficulty Level: Normal

Fair Play: Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that no use of cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, Photoshop, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage is allowed. Everybody hates a cheater.

More: To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/1219-high-score-squad-how-to-play/ 

A Word about Ken: We're dedicating the month of September to the memory of homebrew artist Ken Siders. In celebration of Ken's life and work, we will be hosting two High Score Squad Challenges during the month of September. What better way to celebrate Ken than to play and appreciate what he left behind? The first Squad Challenge is for b*nQ and will run through September 15th. The second Squad Challenge will be for Beef Drop and will run from September 16th through September 30th.

Special Thanks: A very special thank you is in order to atarilbc for making this happen. Thank you atarilbc for your help!

bonQ.a78

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Thanks to Justin for hosting this memorial edition of the High Score Squad! I did not know Ken Siders personally but his contributions to the 8-bit, 5200 and 7800 are fantastic! Both b*nQ and Beef Drop on the 7800 compare favorably with even the best arcade conversions from GCC. His talent will be missed. I hope everyone takes this as an opportunity to experience and enjoy Ken's great games, whether on physical cart or via emulation.

I'll start this out with 45,125. This was on a stock 7800 using the 45 degree setting and a Coleco Gemini Dual Command joystick.

post-65-0-13990800-1504478151_thumb.jpeg

Edited by atarilbc

I did not know Ken Siders personally but his contributions to the 8-bit, 5200 and 7800 are fantastic! Both b*nQ and Beef Drop on the 7800 compare favorably with even the best arcade conversions from GCC. His talent will be missed. I hope everyone takes this as an opportunity to experience and enjoy Ken's great games, whether on physical cart or via emulation.

Thanks for summing that up so nicely atarilbc. I agree wholeheartedly that b*nQ and Beef Drop on the 7800 compare quite well with the GCC arcade conversions. Ken Siders had a lot to be proud of. This will be a nice way to enjoy his games and appreciate what he gave to the Atari world in the short time he was here. Thank you again!

I never knew the guy but did get to enjoy Beef Drop through emulation.  Very talented person lost.  This is a great way to honor his life.

Played with an emulator and keyboard.  My first time play it.  Spot on conversion of the arcade and better than what PB did.  I will have another go once I get my controller setup again.  I use an original XBOX controller to play emulated PC and Steam games most of the time.

post-870-0-98839200-1504502900_thumb.png

Objective: Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between September 3rd through September 15th, 2017. Screen captures are not allowed as they are easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the 1-month competition will be crowned the victor!

:pow: Hey guys! Just a friendly reminder that we need to be posting actual photos or videos of your scores and not just screenshots. Using your cellphone to post a photo of your score to the forums should do the trick! Posting a video of your gameplay on YouTube is even better! Feel free to post any questions or comments about this, or you can always message me privately if you'd like :)

More info can be found here: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/1219-high-score-squad-how-to-play/

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations atarilbc!

Incredible scores guys! Congratulations on your win atarilbc! atarilbc won with a WHOPPING 89,560 points! TrekMD takes 2nd place with a high score of 46,195 points! ALL of you showed a great game. I hope this High Score Squad Challenge was a nice way to remember Ken and celebrate his life. That celebration will continue in our next Squad Challenge for Ken's game Beef Drop for the Atari 7800. atarilbc, your score was incredible, and I encourage you to post your winning b*nQ high score on the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

:commodore_joystick: We invite Squad Challenge winners to share their winning scores on the Scoreboard and keep the game going!  :commodore_joystick:  

:pow: FINAL STANDINGS :pow:

1       atarilbc                       89,560

2       TrekMD                      46,195

3       kamakazi20012         18,365

4       RickR                         13,295