Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

I just want to be this kid right now...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 623 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:57 AM

lynxkid.jpg

• Justin, RickR, btbfilms76 and 2 others like this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#2 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,133 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:35 AM

I miss my Lynx :(  Hope to be able to get another one soon.

• Clint Thompson likes this

#3 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 547 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:20 AM

Ah, the Lynx!  I recommend getting McWill's LCD screen upgrade for it. Remarkable how nice the games look after the upgrade!

• Clint Thompson and kamakazi20012 like this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#4 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,133 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:43 AM

Ah, the Lynx!  I recommend getting McWill's LCD screen upgrade for it. Remarkable how nice the games look after the upgrade!

Right now I'd be happy with just an original one.  As long as it worked.  

#5 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,145 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

Do you know someone that installs them?  I'd like to get an upgrade, but an too chicken to try doing it myself. 

Thanks

#6 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,145 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:42 AM

My Lynx (and 24 games) is on my "possibly sell" list right now.  If anyone here is interested, please PM me. 

I like the Lynx a lot, but with 2 kids in college at the same time, I could probably use the $ a bit more.  On the bright side, it doesn't take up much space, so that may be a good reason to hold on to it. 

#7 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 547 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

Do you know someone that installs them?  I'd like to get an upgrade, but an too chicken to try doing it myself. 

Thanks

Since I had no clue how to do it, I sent it to McWill and he did it for me.  He also replaced my Lynx's speaker, which was starting to have issues.  I know there are folks who have done it themselves here but I don't know if any of them would be interested in doing it for anyone else. 

• RickR and Clint Thompson like this

#8 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 623 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 12:44 AM

Finally some time later and I have goodies that have arrived in the mail. Fault continues to lie upon BTB and AtariGamer for teasing me with Lynx goodness and mentally persuading me into this path of Lynx rightousness: *(nevermind the 1986 2600 E.T. in the beginning, totally forgot I was getting that)

Edited by Clint Thompson, 06 March 2018 - 12:49 AM.

• Justin, btbfilms76 and TrekMD like this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#9 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 547 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 08:27 AM

Wow, very nice! 

• Justin and Clint Thompson like this

#10 btbfilms76

btbfilms76

Pretzel Member

• 312 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 02:59 PM

Finally some time later and I have goodies that have arrived in the mail. Fault continues to lie upon BTB and AtariGamer for teasing me with Lynx goodness and mentally persuading me into this path of Lynx rightousness: *(nevermind the 1986 2600 E.T. in the beginning, totally forgot I was getting that)

And... do I lie? Glad to see your sickness finally took control and now you’re playing that gem of a system. Enjoy my friend!

• Justin, Clint Thompson and TrekMD like this
Host of The Jag Bar | Lynx Lounge | 7800 Avenue
Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube....bHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

#11 CrossBow

CrossBow

Orange Member

• 119 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:16 PM

Thanks

I've done the mod. Not too hard but it is a tad time consuming. I don't have any of the LCD upgrade kits on hand though. Not sure if the US seller has any in stock, but it is something I can do. I would advise a complete capacitor replacement and replacement of the original voltage regulator and diode as well to make sure it would continue to work for quite some time to come. Spend all that money to have it done right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users