Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

SNES Classic who got one? Thoughts?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,366 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

I was just able to get one. Well, it's ordered at least, thanks to Target. I'll feel better once it ships.

Thanks for looking out!

I never did have luck finding one for you.  Always the blank space on the shelf at Target :(  Good idea ordering one on-line.  Target.com has always been good to us. 

• StormSurge likes this

#22 Starbuck66

Starbuck66

Pretzel Member

• 366 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

I paid the scalpers on eBay... turns out my wife REALLY wanted one, and I didn’t realize it on release day. We were in the middle of moving, and I didn’t have time to go hop in line somewhere early in the morning. We certainly didn’t need it or fit into the target market, I think she just liked the mini look, and the SNES is her favorite system.

Overall it seems about the same as the NES Classic, the game selection is good, etc. Controllers aren’t quite the real thing, but close, and better than most of the clone controllers you can get these days. I still feel like control in SMW isn’t as tight as it is on the real SNES; you get a little bit more drift when changing direction.

I LOVE the save states feature, especially on games like DKC, where the save points are a million freaking levels apart. Really makes playing those games more enjoyable.

I’m going to get a travel case for it too. I think one strong point for these systems is if we want to take them with us to visit relatives or on vacation. They are so much more portable than dragging real hardware around, but close enough to having real hardware that you don’t notice the difference. I also like the limited game selection. I think a Pi setup is superior, but you can really get overwhelmed with game selection. This gives you a nice limited greatest hits catalog that’s easy to pick a game from and play.
  • RickR and StormSurge like this

#23 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,161 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:41 PM

I never did have luck finding one for you.  Always the blank space on the shelf at Target :(  Good idea ordering one on-line.  Target.com has always been good to us. 

No worries at all! I appreciate you trying! It was available only for Red Card holders & was up for about 15 minutes. Got lucky.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users