Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Classic 60's hot rods

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,789 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

Bear with me, I'm not sure what I'm doing.  This article on some very classic hot rods piqued my interest:

http://www.automobil...ours-delegance/

The "Reactor" in the article gave me a feeling of deja vu.  i know I've seen it before.

1964-Reactor-Gene-Winfield-Custom-Coupe-

Sure enough, the article mentions how this car was used on several classic TV shows, such as Star Trek, Batman, and "Bewitched".

Here it is as the "Jupiter 8" from the Star Trek episode "Bread and Circuses":

C7BsI-1456252954-embed-reactor_star_trek

Not from the actual episode, but a pretty cool picture of William Shatner in costume with the car.

Jupiter-8.jpg

And here it is as Catwoman's car on Batman, dressed up with ears, tail, and muzzle!

kittycar.jpg

And on Bewitched.  Cool car, and the good Darrin (Dick York)!

ac5d76c11c8d22e6e1d86075e005a91a.jpg

I know a lot of really cool custom cars were used on a variety of old TV shows and movies, and I'm hoping we can post pictures of those cars here. 

Edited by RickR, 18 October 2017 - 10:29 PM.

• nosweargamer likes this

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,789 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:48 PM

Here's another example.  The classic 60's Batmobile started it's life as a Lincoln Futura concept car.  The car was needed quickly for the show, and George Barris saved a lot of time by customizing this already cool car.

futura%20front1.jpg

1280px-1960s_Batmobile_%28FMC%29.jpg

• nosweargamer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users