Squad Challenge - BurgerTime (Intellivision)

Justin

awc_text_hss_squad_challenge.gif

BurgerTime
Mattel Intellivision
Controller: PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: Medium (Press 2)

Achieve high score to win challenge
Play on: Real Hardware / Dedicated Console / Emulation OK! ✔

Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST November 30th, 2017

Objective: Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between November 1st through November 30th, 2017. Screen captures are not allowed as they are easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the 1-month competition is the victor!

Eligibility: Anyone can join in. All players are welcome!

Play Rules: Games may be played on real hardware or emulation, using any controller or keyboard, following rules and game settings as delineated in the Squad Challenge. Enhancements and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

Difficulty Level: Medium. When game title appears, it is time to decide on your playing speed. Press 2 for Medium speed.

Fair Play: Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that no use of cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, Photoshop, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage is allowed. Everybody hates a cheater.

More: To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/1219-high-score-squad-how-to-play/ 

BurgerTime.binBurgerTime.pdf

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Guys I'm super excited about this. This Game means a lot to me because it was one of the games at my father and I used to play together. We had some serious serious high score challenges back in the day against each other. I can still remember him digging through the bargain barrel and paying only a couple bucks for this. This was after the crash and before Nintendo, and quite frankly when I was a kid I didn't even know there was a crash, only that my dad was bringing home games for cheap. Really looking forward to playing this on my original hardware, with my original game, and hell I might even have the old man come by and play a few rounds.

Host of The Jag Bar • Lynx Lounge  7800 Avenue

:youtube: Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhPvmALbHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

On another note, I remember my dad and I going back-and-forth trying to beat each other for a while and it was getting really heated. I ended up getting the flu and was really sick. He was trying to take advantage of that and he kept coming into my room wanting to play burger time. "Come on man... don't you want to build a nice greasy burger?" LOL. Thinking about burgers was the last thing on my mind but I can't blame him for trying to use it as some form of strategize. Good times man, good times.

Host of The Jag Bar • Lynx Lounge  7800 Avenue

:youtube: Watch now on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrhPvmALbHpBUqrbBOms5Vw

I'm assuming most people here know the basics of the game including scoring and controlling, but if you don't, I covered it all in a previous review.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I'm assuming most people here know the basics of the game including scoring and controlling, but if you don't, I covered it all in a previous review.

Thanks for sharing your review here, nosweargamer. BurgerTime will be our first Intellivision Squad Challenge. For me, the most exciting aspect of hosting High Squad Challenges is encouraging people to try a game they haven't played before, or may not have picked up in a while. We've tried to balance pillar titles with some overlooked favorites for a nice mix. BurgerTime in my opinion is one of the top reasons to buy an Intellivision. Everybody here may not have one, but hopefully can find a way to play. Your video is a great introduction to the game and overview on how to play!

Yes, that's right.  The 2600 version does fall short despite being a 16 KB cartridge.  One of the guys at Atari Age is trying to make a better version. I believe he is using DPC+.  The Intellivision version, despite not being an exact replica of the arcade look-wise (the mazes are not the same), captures the gameplay so well that it truly is a fantastic version. 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Such a fun game and controls very well on the Intellivision. Games like DK Jr and Popeye would have been soo much better if they controlled as well as Burgertime.

Once I hit the 7th level without Pepper, I was done. Tough screen!

post-303-0-26414900-1509764821_thumb.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations nosweargamer!

GREAT SHOWING GUYS!! This was our first outing for an Intellivision game in High Score Squad! Great to see the enthusiasm on this one. Congratulations on another win No Swear! nosweargamer won with 63,150 points! Starbuck66 takes 2nd Place with a score of 37,200 points. RickR, greenween, and GRay Defender all showed up with great scores too! I encourage nosweargamer to add his BurgerTime high score to the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

:commodore_joystick: We invite Squad Challenge winners to share their winning scores on the Scoreboard and keep the game going!   :commodore_joystick:  

:pow: FINAL STANDINGS :pow:

1       nosweargamer             63,150

2       Starbuck66                   37,200

3       RickR                            35,600

4       greenween                   26,700

5       GRay Defender            25,800