A look at MOONBLASTERS X for Atari 7800 - Work in Progress

Video 61

Here is a first look at one of our new games we are porting over to the Atari 7800. It's a work in progress. This is actually from the 7800 version we are porting.

It's Laser Blast X, it should be awesome on the 7800

post-10-0-96389100-1509834725_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

Here is a Video showing the latest work in progress for Amok Bots, Delta Space Arena, Laser Blast X, Putt 18, and Venture. It took me awhile to figure out a way to multiplex 8 sprites within a horizontal zone. Keep in mind I am forcing more sprites than usual to one horizontal zone, so for the most part, you will not likely see much flickering with my games ported onto the 7800. Some games have the character set written over several times in the background. This is to test to see how many sprites can be displayed over a background. The Multiplexing manager routine prevents crashes or the graphics becoming corrupted if too many sprites are displayed in the same horizontal zone.

These are awesome efforts, furthering my envy of anyone who can code as I never have been able to wrap my head around that :P

Laser Blast is the first 2600 game I remember playing so that hits me in the nostalgia zone right there. Always had a soft sport for Venture as well.

I really need to fix the power button on my 7800 so I can play these games again and be ready for new ones.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:01 AM, AtariHero said:

These are awesome efforts, furthering my envy of anyone who can code as I never have been able to wrap my head around that :P

Laser Blast is the first 2600 game I remember playing so that hits me in the nostalgia zone right there. Always had a soft sport for Venture as well.

I really need to fix the power button on my 7800 so I can play these games again and be ready for new ones.

Hi,

Yes get that 7800 back into shape. we hope to have some fun for all to play here!

Lance

www.atarisales.com

VIDEO 61 & ATARI SALES
www.atarisales.com
22735 Congo St. NE, Stacy, MN 55079
651-462-2500

I am not sure how many here program using the 7800 Basic. RevEng done a good job with some recent updates. I figured out most stuff. I cannot exactly go over to the other forum for help right now. Have to go by if someone posted about a similar issue.

What has gave me a lot of delays with older versions was "unresolved symbol" list and the compiler not showing what it was. Very frustrating. I put the 7800 games aside in favor of doing more 8-bit and 5200 stuff. The other stumbling block was converting MADS assembler to DASM. Being case sensitive and acculumular not being represented with a @ (ASL @) made it difficult to port code from the 8 bit version.

I made some progress with trying to get one complete game that I can use as a template for others. I have graphics for the sprites for 2 games. PNG images. Maybe do more as I figure more stuff out.

MOONBLASTERS X FOR ATARI 7800 WORK IN PROGRESS. VIDEO FOR NOVEMBER 19, 2023.

This is the latest update for MoonBlasters X for the Atari 7800. This is what happened to the Laserblast X project, as myself and Video61 are going in a direction of more original content earlier this year. 

What happened during the summer of 2023 caused concerns with unlicensed ports from other game systems.  Several games were already in development. Instead of cancelling development, we decided to change stuff to make them more distinct and original.

36 minutes ago, peteym5 said:

This is the latest update for MoonBlasters X for the Atari 7800. This is what happened to the Laserblast X project, as myself and Video61 are going in a direction of more original content earlier this year.

I have to admit that I like this a lot more.  Like all of the options you’ve added in for replay ability. Looking forward to the final product.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by sramirez2008