Jaguar ProController Reproductions Announced

Sabertooth

I'll just copy and paste what I wrote on the other forums asking the same thing:

"I've been working with William of Mortoff Games for the past few months in making sure this is possible (plastic injected mold design and quotes, circuit design, assembly, testing on real hardware, etc. - the works) and could be a pathway to other things down the line should the interest actually be there. 

The controller will be 100% identical to the originals with the exception of the Atari logo on them for obvious reasons. From a quality stand point, you shouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two but am open to fielding concerns and quality questions so we make sure it gets pushed back and addressed. Tactile feedback was mentioned and I want to make sure it's going to have the same feel.

If the demand is actually there (I'm giving it until December 31st, that's almost a good 2-months) then we'll proceed with getting prototypes sent back to ensure the quality on the circuitry is as expected and update everyone accordingly along the way. If not, then I guess the $150+ on eBay option will remain."

7800 - 130XE - XEGS - Lynx - Jaguar - ISO: Atari Falcon030 | STBook |STe

We're only 5 days in and about half way there interest-wise. So please, if you haven't already done so, send an e-mail declaring your interest and share the news to other forums, groups, etc. We still have about 50 days before the final tally comes up to see where we stand. Hopefully the interest turns out to be there and this will materialize.

Thanks!

Currently a little over 150 users expressing interest. Still a long ways to go at this rate but there still seems to be a decent trickle of interest via e-mail coming in, though I'm unsure it'll reach the roughly 140-150 needed.

As far as adapters, there are USB adapters currently available for purchase that allow you to connect a Jaguar controller to your PC for emulation use.

Guys, I just want to stop by and announce that the interest requirement has been met for the New Jaguar Pro-Controllers! Huge win for Jaguar fans, now to get the prototype units in for testing and evaluation! Thanks for everyone who shot an e-mail over to declare interest! =D

I will be receiving one of the first completed production samples sometime this week / week-end. Looks like they have turned out great and will share pictures here once it arrives. Really cool that it's finally nearing completion.

Bump: FYI - these are now available to order. I've been following development over at AA and the end product looks great. The minimum is 2 pads at $120. Considering the originals go for $200 ea., that's a steal. The order website is https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com

Well, this new forum software is going to take some getting use to! 

I received my controllers earlier this week so the shipping on them was very quick! Now, I've don't own, much less ever held a pro controller for the Jaguar before so I don't know exactly how to compare. But at least for me, these new controllers are not as thick as original jag controllers so they are more comfortable overall to hold. The shoulder buttons are very tactile and clicky so I'm very okay with that. Overall the action buttons feel nice and the d-pad does as well, but I've not actually played any games with them yet. 

But the numerbad buttons are sticky in that they have a tendency to not pop right back up when you let go of them. I even had a few on initial press sorta stay stuck down. I found this to be due to the fact they can be pushed in at a slight angle and cause them to hang on the plastic coming back up. Others have reported similar so it isn't just me.

Another issue reported by at least 2 other AtariAge members with these controllers, was they had a difficult time plugging them in as if the pins on the conroller weren't quite lined up correctly. I will have to check this as well but honestly I've always though the original controllers were a little too loosey goosey for me anyway, so if these hold on better, I would prefer that.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Well, color me clueless as usual.  I never realized there were TWO different versions of the Jaguar controller.  The pro version had shoulder buttons and three extra action buttons. 

I can see now that this makes this repro even more special. 

If I ever get a Jaguar, I would definitely get myself one of these!