Coleco Announces The Return Of The Mini Arcade Table Top Game

nosweargamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgK9toMddHA

Thoughts?

Update: A viewer pointed out that this appears to be a port of the GBA Robotech game.
I haven't played it so I can't say if the game is any good or not.
Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I want to be excited about this, and I am... but the current owners of Coleco have somewhat tarnished their reputation in my mind for a number of reasons, so I'm going to reserve judgement until after this is released. There seems to be a lot of activity recently with mini arcades, if anybody should be doing these it's "Coleco".

Ya, they have been in contact with me for advice.  Trying to steer them in the right direction especially after all the drama they caused in the community.   Robotech is nice, but I told them they should focus on releasing the unreleased ones from the 80's first (Berzerk and Omega Race) as those would probably get a lot more attention.  I am not interested in Robotech at all, so most likely will pass on this one.

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

Ya, they have been in contact with me for advice. Trying to steer them in the right direction especially after all the drama they caused in the community. Robotech is nice, but I told them they should focus on releasing the unreleased ones from the 80's first (Berzerk and Omega Race) as those would probably get a lot more attention. I am not interested in Robotech at all, so most likely will pass on this one.

Me if they release Berzerk:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAhmAAAAJDVkM2JkZmRiLTcxY2Mt

Edited by Starbuck66

I just don't get why some of these (not picking on just Coleco here) min-arcade machines play anything other than the original arcade version.  For example, the Centipede mini-arcade that plays the 7800 version of the game.  What is the point? 

I think they should either be VFD like the old-school versions, or play the arcade rom only. 

I pretty much stopped collecting them once this became clear.  I still have a Space Invaders (the LCD version), but sold off the rest.  Frogger was the worst one...there were two different versions -- both bad.  Arcade version would have been killer. 

Edited by RickR