Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Odyssey 2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Starbuck66

Starbuck66

Pretzel Member

• 389 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:00 AM

So one of the local shops I go to had an Odyssey 2 for 30 bucks! No games or voice module, but it did come with a manual.

I know little to nothing about this system, but I picked it up for my in-laws as an anniversary gift. It was the first console they had, and they have some serious nostalgia for it. Anyone have any suggestions on games I should try to pick up? KC Munchkin seems obvious, but beyond that I wasn’t sure.
  • RickR likes this

#2 Starbuck66

Starbuck66

Pretzel Member

• 389 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:31 AM

Annnd proof you should use the search feature before posting folks.... http://forums.atari....2/?fromsearch=1pretty much answered my questions :-)

But hey at least everyone knows about the good deal I got :-)

I think I’ll just wait to get that Multicart; it has a waiting list right now, but for 40 bucks it’s a steal.

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,504 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:43 AM

Now THAT'S a thoughtful gift, and you got a great deal.  Nice. 

#4 Starbuck66

Starbuck66

Pretzel Member

• 389 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:52 PM

Well I didn’t end up getting my hands on a multicart, but I did manage to get several loose carts a few weeks back in Detroit for 2 dollars a piece. I also got a few in box games in the 4-10 dollar range. I believe this was the final game list I ended up with:

Computer Golf
Bowling/Basketball
Speedway/Spinout/Crypto Logic
UFO
Invaders from Hyperspace
Pick Axe Pete
KC Munchkin
Out of this world/Helicopter Rescue
Alien Invaders Plus
Armored Encounter / Subchase

I gave it to my in-laws last night and they were excited! They played Pick Axe Pete for at least 30 minutes, then they popped in KC Munchkin for a while. I then played some UFO, Invaders from Hyperspace, and Armored Encounter/Sub Chase with my father in law. We had a blast! This system is pretty fun given its limitations, and I especially enjoyed the strategy involved in Invaders from Hyperspace. KC Munchkin is no slouch either; just because there aren’t as many dots as there are in Pac Man doesn’t make it easier!
  • RickR likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users