Atari Lover Here!

LeeJ07

Hello! I just stumbled across this site tonight. Looks like fun! I love Atari, and am trying to amass a nice collection.

Alas, my only two 2600s are both unplayable, so my collection sits unused on a shelf until someday when I hope to *finally* get a working one. Anyway, nice to be here!

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

Hello! I just stumbled across this site tonight. Looks like fun! I love Atari, and am trying to amass a nice collection.

Alas, my only two 2600s are both unplayable, so my collection sits unused on a shelf until someday when I hope to *finally* get a working one. Anyway, nice to be here!

Welcome fellow Louisianian!!!!! 

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Welcome!

If you're looking for the console (if yours can't be repaired) keep your eyes open for eBay or ShopGoodwill.com, the wood grain and the Atari Jr. come up a lot.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Well, my 4 Switch needs a controller port soldered in, something beyond my skill level.

My Light Sixer suffers from signal interference I have been unable to determine the cause of. It has gotten so bad that games are practically unplayable, much to my dismay.

Watched the video. Very informative. I will try that with my Sixer. I am not sure that'll completely fix my issue, though. For some reason it's the switches that seem to be affecting the signal. If I press any of the switches, the signal messes up. The worst are the Game Select switch, and the right Difficulty switch. :(

Watched the video. Very informative. I will try that with my Sixer. I am not sure that'll completely fix my issue, though. For some reason it's the switches that seem to be affecting the signal. If I press any of the switches, the signal messes up. The worst are the Game Select switch, and the right Difficulty switch. :(

This usually indicates a problem with the ribbon cable that connects the board with the switches to the main motherboard.  If you take the machine apart, make sure that ribbon is firmly plugged in on the top center of the board with the switches.  But be very careful, it's delicate.  Good luck.

Archived