Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari National Pac Man Day is April 3rd (1982)!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Scott Stilphen

Scott Stilphen

Orange Member

• 144 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:59 AM

Here's some from a local newspaper, proving that the game was indeed available a few weeks earlier.

Btw, I'm not sure why this thread is in the Arcade Life section since the whole Pac-Man Day event was about the VCS version :)

Attached Thumbnails

• citizens_voice_2-22-82_pac-man_coming.jpg
  • citizens_voice_3-16-82_pac-man_fever_cured.jpg

Edited by Scott Stilphen, 31 March 2017 - 08:22 AM.

• greenween, Arenafoot and StormSurge like this

#22 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,140 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

Today is the day! Happy National Pac Man Day!

Attached Thumbnails

• 7002862651_02dc093691_b.jpg

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#23 dauber

dauber

Orange Member

• 221 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

BTW, even though National Pac-Man Day was named by Atari in the early '80s and this is the arcade sub-forum, it may seem that this is off-topic. BUT....Atari DID release the arcade game Pac-Mania in the US, so....there ya have it. :)

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users