Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Do any of you play?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,327 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

I'm with dauber on this. You got a sweet deal, and it's only going to go up in value. The awesomeness of who you got it from makes it even more special. Great post!

#22 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,262 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:40 PM

For some reason I've been itching to pick up a 6-string Bass even though I'm more of a guitar player. We got a really nice bonus paycheck at work so I picked this up a couple days ago. It's a lower-end model but I'm having lots of fun with it!
attachicon.gif IMG_20180314_183555.jpg

Is that bass an Ibanez? If so I have a friend with a 5-string that looks just like that.

#23 CrossBow

CrossBow

Orange Member

• 171 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:59 AM

I was a 1st chair trumpet player for 6 years throughout middle school and high school. But sadly I never touched it after I graduate. I still have it as I found out pretty quickly that the price my step-dad paid for it was quite the bargain.

My trumpet is a silver Benge ML made in the latter portion of 1974. In fact I pulled it out recently from its case to see how badly tarnished it might be. Wasn't too bad but there are some pretty dark spots on the bell. I'm thinking seriously of getting it professionally polished and small dent in the flare of the bell straighten back out. I don't have any current pics of it but I did register it on this website (#16674) when I found out about how cool and awesome Benge trumpets are. My band directors always preferred to use my horn when demonstrating something to the class even when their own was sitting right next to them. I later found out it was because of how bright and directional the Benge horns are. 

http://www.musicbyjo...m/LABenges1.pdf

• RickR and Kid A like this

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.c...owercollections

#24 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,327 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:26 AM

Here's a picture of my guitar.  It's a 1965 Silvertone Bobkat model 1476.  Very nice blues-y sound. 

I've been seriously considering selling it to buy a much less valuable thrasher. 

Attached Thumbnails

• guitar 1965 Silvertone Bobkat model 1476.JPG

• Kid A likes this

#25 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 219 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

Is that bass an Ibanez? If so I have a friend with a 5-string that looks just like that.

Yup. It's an Ibanez.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users