Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Must have Lynx games?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Clint Thompson

Clint Thompson

Apple Member

• 623 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

Guess it depends on which one you love and/or play more. I think both are expensive to mod but equally worth it since it breathes new life into the machine entirely. Seeing some pictures online, I can't help but feel the Lynx I has a better LCD screen, though I can't say for sure since I've never owned one personally.

• jmjustin6 likes this

2600 - 7800 - 800XL - 130XE - Lynx - Jaguar

cerka.weebly.com

#22 TeddyGermany

TeddyGermany

Orange Member

• 190 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:34 AM

Must have titles for Lynx!

Here we go:

Blue Lightning
Chequered Flag
Rygar
Xybots
Robotron 2084
Ninja Gaiden
Zaku with one big disadvantage: It's hard to find and everything else than cheap!
Rampart

There are many more excellent titles, but this selection should help to build a fine collection.

Edited by TeddyGermany, 18 March 2018 - 07:37 AM.

• Justin, RickR and jmjustin6 like this

#23 CrossBow

CrossBow

Orange Member

• 119 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:18 AM

No i bought the lynx from a local game shop after i traded in $100 worth of my junk. Ive looked into doing the mcwill mod, but cost too much to do. If i do the mod im torn between doing it to my lynx or my game gear??

Having done the Lynx mod myself it wasn't that bad. It was probably more time consuming to recap it, remove the stuff you don't need for the backlighting, and replacing the regulator and diode for the power circuit area to make sure that wouldn't be a failure point anytime soon. But the GG is a different story. There is quite a few SMD parts that have to be removed, and a few SMD parts to be added back in. I do have the kit for my GG but haven't struck up enough courage to tackle it yet. Thinking maybe this weekend, but no these mods aren't for the beginner or faint of heart.

#24 atarilbc

atarilbc

Apple Member

• 529 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 10:06 PM

My must haves:

Joust
RoadBlasters
XYBOTS
Rampage
Super Asteroids/Missile Command
Chips Challenge
Klax
Zaku
Xenophobe
STUN Runner
Crystal Mines II
Battlezone 2000

Also, I have the McWill mod and it is excellent. It truly makes a huge difference and breathes new life into the machine. Another great addition is the RetroHQ SD card by SainT. You could just get that and call it a day if you don't want a physical collection.

If you do want a physical collection, the GOAT Store has some great prices on the most common titles (NIB). I've had great luck with them vs. eBay or forums.
  • RickR and jmjustin6 like this

#25 CrossBow

CrossBow

Orange Member

• 119 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

If you can contact the author to see if about getting one...

I highly recommend getting the home-brew "Weltenschlächter" from Luch soft!

#26 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,142 posts

Posted Today, 03:16 PM

My Lynx II appears to be void of lines but does seem a bit faded. Then again I always thought they did. I have Batman Returns. Fun game but very tough. It looks like a Genesis game.

Just so I know what is bad about Hard Drivin'? I loved the arcade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users