Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

upcoming Atari Homebrew games book

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,254 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 04:38 AM

I'm currently in the middle of writing a book called "The Unauthorized Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion - Volume 1".  I am writing it based on the same style as Michael D Salzman's Atari books - currently available on Amazon  https://www.amazon.c...=relevancerank , in the same look and feel of the 80's video game books - black and white print in the small digest size book.

For each homebrew game title, I am listing the following info:

• Release Notes
  • Gameplay
  • Options
  • Controls
  • Scoring
  • Design
  • Strategy
  • Analysis
  • along with 2 screenshots of each game

(possibly picture of cartridge label - if there is room for it, I have about 4 pages for each title to work with)

I have the first 30 or so titles chosen for volume 1 (about 11 titles are already written), along with a definitions page, and will be adding a "What is a homebrew?" explanation section at the beginning of the book.

Is there something I'm missing? Or something that you would like to see contained it in??

This is my first ever attempt at writing a book and if it wasn't for Michael, I wouldn't even be entertaining a thought of this type of project!

Thanks for any info!

Brian

"Arenafoot"

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture1.JPG

• Justin, MaximumRD, RickR and 6 others like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#2 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:10 AM

Very cool!

• Arenafoot likes this

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,278 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:12 AM

How exciting!

• Arenafoot likes this

#4 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,254 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:06 AM

An article already done about my upcoming book can be found here:  http://www.vintageis...ompendium-soon/

• StormSurge and TrekMD like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#5 StormSurge

StormSurge

Pear Member

• 1,154 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

Nice job! I'm looking forward to checking this out!

• Justin and Arenafoot like this

#6 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 597 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:18 PM

Looking forward to this! 

• Arenafoot likes this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#7 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,254 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:23 PM

My book went LIVE this morning!!!!

https://www.amazon.c...uct/1980969396/

Attached Thumbnails

• brian final cover.png

• TrekMD likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users