RED ALERT: Please Read! BIG Changes Coming to the Atari I/O Forums!

Nice!

I'm assuming most stuff will transfer, like old threads and such, but do you have any idea if there is anything that won't transfer over?

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Very cool, very cool, very cool!

Glad you're on board TrekMD!

Ahh heck, change is bad, I still wish it was the 80's!  Kidding aside, can't wait to see the new digs.

Thanks AtariBrian! Missed seeing ya in the chat!

This is like having a landlord that cares about their property.  Never participated in the Wed night chats.  Might have to make an agenda for it ;)

Absolutely! THANK YOU! And we don't even charge for rent  ^_^  Hope you'll participate in Wednesday Night chats once it's rolling again, you'd be a great person to have in the chat!

Yes ive missed chat night!

Me too! Can't wait to have it back, I'm excited for new chat nights, new events, new contests and so much more.

Nice!

I'm assuming most stuff will transfer, like old threads and such, but do you have any idea if there is anything that won't transfer over?

Sharp thinking nosweargamer. It's a great question, the answer's YES. We're discussing all of these issues right now 

What I know for sure won't transfer over is the theme we use for the forums. The skin that gives the forums its look and feel cannot be used, so things will look noticeably different. But what does that entail? Does that mean your avatars won't transfer over? Member ranks? All of our great emojis? Will I have to go in and re do all of those things from scratch?

I will post updates and keep you guys in the loop as we move closer to the update.

24 minutes ago, Kid A said:

The new forum is awesome. Especially on mobile now. I'm loving this very much!

THANK YOU Kid A! Working hard to get this right. This is a more simple look for the forums but the platform is actually lightyears beyond what it was. There's so much more we can do with this that I'm looking forward to digging into.

Have you guys seen our new profiles? It's almost like a Facebook or Twitter page.