Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari 7800 Joystick Coupler

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 654 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:25 PM

I wanted to share this in case anyone is interested.  Etsy seller ItsAllGeek3D has made available 3D printed couplers for the Atari 7800 controllers so you can play games like Robtron 2084 and T!ME Salvo.  You can order them here:  Atari 7800 Controller Coupling W/ Mounting Holes.  These are available in multiple colors if you want anything other than black.  

xo8PsEo.jpg

• Justin, MaximumRD, RickR and 1 other like this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#2 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 3,144 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:49 PM

Awesome!

• Justin likes this

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#3 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 654 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:52 PM

I agree!  Ordered one as soon as I saw these!  Can't wait to get it so I can play T!ME Salvo and Robotron with the two joysticks! 

• Justin and nosweargamer like this

#4 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,319 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 04:22 AM

Pretty cool.  Too bad he doesn't do one for the 5200 controllers since the dual controller holders seem to be hard to find any more.  I could use one for Space Dungeon.  I wonder if they could paint the Atari name and logo with a silver or chrome paint on that black?  That would be sweet!

Edited by kamakazi20012, 24 March 2018 - 04:32 AM.

• Justin likes this

#5 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:22 AM

Man, it's about time! So great to see this happening.

#6 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 654 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 11:54 AM

Man, it's about time! So great to see this happening.

Indeed it is!  I remember looking at the prototype for this at the Video Game Museum at the last CGE and wondering when would someone make these available. 

Pretty cool.  Too bad he doesn't do one for the 5200 controllers since the dual controller holders seem to be hard to find any more.  I could use one for Space Dungeon.

Those are hard to find.  I have one, thankfully.  Perhaps you can contact the seller and ask.  After all, if they can 3D print these, they should be able to 3D print the 5200 version as well.

• Justin and Starbuck66 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users