Atari 7800 Joystick Coupler

TrekMD

I wanted to share this in case anyone is interested.  Etsy seller ItsAllGeek3D has made available 3D printed couplers for the Atari 7800 controllers so you can play games like Robtron 2084 and T!ME Salvo.  You can order them here:  Atari 7800 Controller Coupling W/ Mounting Holes.  These are available in multiple colors if you want anything other than black.  

xo8PsEo.jpg

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Pretty cool.  Too bad he doesn't do one for the 5200 controllers since the dual controller holders seem to be hard to find any more.  I could use one for Space Dungeon.  I wonder if they could paint the Atari name and logo with a silver or chrome paint on that black?  That would be sweet!

Edited by kamakazi20012

Man, it's about time! So great to see this happening.

Indeed it is!  I remember looking at the prototype for this at the Video Game Museum at the last CGE and wondering when would someone make these available. 

Pretty cool.  Too bad he doesn't do one for the 5200 controllers since the dual controller holders seem to be hard to find any more.  I could use one for Space Dungeon.

Those are hard to find.  I have one, thankfully.  Perhaps you can contact the seller and ask.  After all, if they can 3D print these, they should be able to 3D print the 5200 version as well.

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

$30.  How much were the ones on Etsy?

It would be nice if someone was 3D printing the VCS coupler for Spy Hunter, or one that would support all these:

http://www.ataricompendium.com/faq/faq.html#software13

• Radar Lock - left joystick controls plane; right joystick selects weapons.
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark - left joystick controls the inventory strip; right joystick controls your character.
  • Riddle of the Sphinx - left joystick controls your character; right joystick controls your inventory strip.
  • Spy Hunter - uses the fire buttons from both joysticks.  A plastic joystick holder was included, which allowed you to snap 2 standard Atari sticks in and operate them as if they were one controller.
  • Star Raiders - both a joystick (in the left port) and a Video Touch Pad (in the right port) are used.
  • Stargate - left joystick controls the ship and firing; right joystick controls Inviso, Hyperspace, and Smart Bombs.