Squad Challenge - Circus Atari (Atari 2600)

Justin

YIKES!!!!

I hadn't reached my first posted score yet :wreck-it-ralph:

I am curious as how to handle the rollover score, I know video would be optimal but could a still photo in the 9k range & a 2'nd still for the finished score work ? ( IF I ever get there :P )

keep flippin' :thumb:  ( oh wait that's a pinball term ...will work for THIS game :spot:  )

YIKES!!!!

I hadn't reached my first posted score yet :wreck-it-ralph:

I am curious as how to handle the rollover score, I know video would be optimal but could a still photo in the 9k range & a 2'nd still for the finished score work ? ( IF I ever get there :P )

keep flippin' :thumb:  ( oh wait that's a pinball term ...will work for THIS game :spot:  )

I was thinking about this too.  I was thinking about taking a picture at each dead clown break...but I think our only legitimate option is video.  I'm a total newb in that regard, but I think I just need a tripod for my little video cam.

I was thinking about this too.  I was thinking about taking a picture at each dead clown break...but I think our only legitimate option is video.  I'm a total newb in that regard, but I think I just need a tripod for my little video cam.

Yeah that's what I was doing, snapping a pic as I was getting closer. I did set up a tripod to snap the latest pic and have a couple snaps of previous scores. I might have to make some unique change to a series of pics so I don't get confused ( like change camera angle or something in foreground/background )

:atari_2600_joystick: I am pretty please with the still-life of different 2600 controllers I have in my last post :atari_2600_joystick:

I posted a link to this challenge on the Retro Gaming High Score Challenge group on facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1734325649935200/?hc_ref=ARTRj-vtUNdJ6Wh2Gqi_UBnyc7mleFbT34aoazcj_cuYd1fU-pNlzMVWMm9mwihNg9M

Check those guys out if you get a chance.  Another group of pretty nice folks with some retro games. 

Edited by RickR

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations chas10e!

JUMP JUMP!! Congratulations on your win chas10e!! chas10e won the Circus Atari Squad Challenge with an amazing 9,583 points! RickR was close behind with 8,551 points! Kamakazi20012, greenween, and StormSurge all posted respectable scores too! I'd encourage chas10e to post his new high score on the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

:invader:  CIRCUS ATARI FINAL STANDINGS :invader:  

1       chas10e                         9,583

2       RickR                             8,551

3       kamakazi20012             3,237

4       greenween                    3,222

5       StormSurge                   2,873

:pow_big:

Circus Atari Prize Drawing!

:pole_position_blimp: FRIDAY, MAY 4TH, 2018

This Friday we will be giving away a BRAND NEW MIB Circus Atari!

All who participated by posting scores in this Squad Challenge will be entered to win!

I will go live on Instagram Friday night to draw a winning name!

chas10e, RickR, kamakazi20012, greenween, and StormSurge will all have their

names entered into the drawing and will have a chance to win!

Join us Friday night on Instagram or check back here to find out who won.

​This is our way of saying THANK YOU for participating in High Score Squad!

circus_atari_prize.jpg

w00t I haz nerd cred

We really need people to understand that it's all about that nerd cred.  And for everyone -- it's about having fun, sharing tips, and getting better at the game.  Post your score -- even if it isn't "top".  And if you've never tried the game before -- even better.  A perfect opportunity to try a great game.

I meant to post more tips for this game.  I found that if I kept my eyes focused on the middle of the screen, I could track the clowns a lot better.  Do not let your eye go up into the balloons, as there is too much going on up there.  Too many distractions.  Focus on the middle and keep the trampoline tracking the clown the whole time.  It's really hard, since it takes so long to rack up points in this game.  Takes a lot of concentration. 

:pow_big:

Congratulations chas10e!

chas10e is the winner of our Live Circus Atari Prize Drawing!

His name was pulled live on Instagram to win the MIB 2600 Circus Atari!

chas10e please send me a PM with your most recent mailing info

we'll be sure to get your prize shipped out to you quickly!

chas10e.jpg