Any Forza Racers?

Atari 5200 Guy

Just picked up Forza Motorsport 4 the other day and I have already leveled up to 18, own about 20 cars and one truck, and more. This is one racing series I prefer over Gran Turismo. My best car in the game so far?

post-870-0-37576200-1523953623_thumb.jpeg

It's my Dodge Stealth that is currently maxed to S1 limits.

If any one else here plays I would like to hear about it and see you rides.

I took to racing games seriously when Gran Turismo came out on PlayStation.  Since then I've been hooked.  My favorite racing games are Tokyo Xtreme Racer 1 & 2 on Dreamcast (PS2 port of Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 known as Zero was not bad either), GT 1 & 2 on PS.  Once Forza came out on the original XBOX I became a loyal fan.  I have completed GT 1 and 2 (due to bug in game GT 2 can only reach 99.9% complete), beat TXR on Dreamcast multiple times (favorite car is the red Nissan Skyline earned from beating a boss).  I have yet to complete any Forza titles and I have the original, 2, 4 and Horizon.  I've been working on Forza since 2011.

I have had GT 3 and still have 4 but felt that 3 was just missing more content and 4 has too much going against the gamer.  I also got tired of the License Tests that Gran Turismo puts front and center.  You end up with cars you can't use in races until tests are passed.  Forza doesn't have that.  Instead races later on start require specific makes, models, and class of cars.  Horizon will tell you if a car is too good or not good enough for a race and give you the option to pick another car out of your garage or upgrade/downgrade the car you are currently in.  

I love cars as much as I love video games.  And for me this is about as close I will get to cars I know I will never own.  One of my favorite cars is the Lamborghini Countach...and I have that car in Horizon.  Pretty cool beast of a car.

Want a racing tip, Stormsurge?  Treat the cars and tracks like the real thing.  Each car is different and will perform differently on the track.  If you have a hard time using a standard controller you might try finding a steering wheel controller.  Those really make a difference.  I don't have one but have tried one for the 360 and was blown away.

I play the Forza Motorsport games.  But haven't tried the Horizon games yet.  I think I'm pretty darn good and can beat the computer pretty handily... (though not on the toughest difficulty) and my times are pretty high up on the scoreboards usually...  but as soon as I'm playing against someone else live online, they win by such a crazy margin that I feel like I'm standing still.  So I don't play online anymore.  lol

I don't play Forza online at all.  I'm not that good but I do my best at the game's main story line and optional missions or quests.  

Turn 10 just released a few weeks ago information on a new Forza game coming soon.  

wireHero_940x528-1.png.f160295f384ad6135cb7453f46f3577e.png

This one is for Windows 10 and I believe mobile devices.

I just started this post so others could post pictures of their rides in the game.  I thought it would be neat to see how other players did their vehicles.

Edited by kamakazi20012

I did pick up Horizon 2 when it was free with GwG & I enjoyed it. I like how my friends drivatars are included & it’s very low-pressure. I can play on an easier difficulty setting & still make some progress towards achievements. 

I’ll like to try the new one at some point. The backlog is growing. 😀

GwG is how I got the first Horizon.  Caught Horizon 2 on sale last year.  I'm currently working on Forza Motorsport 4 and I have Motorsport 3 on wish list.  I know, I'm doing it backwards.  I still have NOT completed Forza on the original XBOX.  

One thing I can say helped me out was changing the camera view.  I can't drive as good with my car in front of me.  It blocks the road.  Once I switch to the in-car view it's on like Donkey Kong.  Gives the game a first-person visual that I have come to expect.  And if any other racing game I play doesn't have it I usually skip on playing them.

8 hours ago, kamakazi20012 said:

I just started this post so others could post pictures of their rides in the game.  I thought it would be neat to see how other players did their vehicles.

Heh... I might have to fire up an older Forza game to take some pics.  I used to play around more with the paint jobs and such, but haven't done that in the latest one...  (Forza 6 is the most recent oen I have... no Forza 7 yet)