Kid A's game room.

Kid A

2 hours ago, GRay Defender said:

Pretty sweet.  Did I count more than a dozen gameboys, a vectrex, all kinds of nintendo goodies.  Let's not forget the zelda blanket...  I wish I were this organized...

I wish I had that kind of space to be that organized.  Yea, man, give it up...where'd you find all those GameBoys?  Now I know why I can't find any LOL.  Just kidding man.  That's an awesome setup.  I do have to ask, though.  Where did you find that Metroid hanging from the ceiling?  That thing is wicked cool!  It'd be even cooler if it lit up.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:38 AM, GRay Defender said:

Pretty sweet.  Did I count more than a dozen gameboys, a vectrex, all kinds of nintendo goodies.  Let's not forget the zelda blanket...  I wish I were this organized...

Yeah, I have a couple Gameboys! 😁

On 8/16/2019 at 8:51 AM, kamakazi20012 said:

I wish I had that kind of space to be that organized.  Yea, man, give it up...where'd you find all those GameBoys?  Now I know why I can't find any LOL.  Just kidding man.  That's an awesome setup.  I do have to ask, though.  Where did you find that Metroid hanging from the ceiling?  That thing is wicked cool!  It'd be even cooler if it lit up.

I used to find Gameboys that powered on but wouldn't read games on eBay. Used to get them for cheap and fix them up and keep them.  I would get some in bundle deals for find them super cheap locally because something was wrong with them.

The Metroid is from the World on Nintendo toy line. I've had it for a bit. I hung it with some fishing line with pins in the ceiling. I want  a few more to hang around the gameroom. I think having more would be pretty awesome. 

Seeing other peoples' game rooms gives ideas to try.  My only real issue is space...there simply isn't enough of it where I'm currently at.  If I could find things to use to mount on one wall that might work but I don't think we are allowed to do that where we are.  I've also thought about the milk crate solution like John Hancock did for his room but I'd need a few of those.  I've also thought about going the plastic storage containers with three or four drawers and simply stacking them up almost touching the ceiling.  Then I would have areas for not only games but controllers, other accessories, power cables, etc.  Not exactly sure which way to go.

15 hours ago, RickR said:

You've done a really great job.  I think it's inspiring.  I'm still a couple of years out from trying something that nice (I'm waiting for the kids to move out).  Most of my good junk is boxed and stored in the attic and comes out one system at a time to play. 

Thanks rick! 👍 

Literally, 99% of what I own is displayed!

11 hours ago, kamakazi20012 said:

If I could find things to use to mount on one wall that might work but I don't think we are allowed to do that where we are.  

3m command strips are amazing. I don't have any mail sized holes anywhere in my apartment.

2 hours ago, jmjustin6 said:

What are you using to hang those gameboys on the wall like that?

Edited by Kid A

So a few days ago, I got a freakin' awesome addition to the game room! FOR FREE!IMG_20190901_184841.thumb.jpg.a2fa9d60e85ceb506522a1b8d1ef9b98.jpg

It needed a lot of work. It was missing a power plug, the insides were so dirty, one of the coin mechanisms wasn't working, Something is also wrong with the PCB, and the cab's paint has seen better days. 

IMG_20190907_041611.thumb.jpg.9cf82a78ef420f364d37d55b66537e97.jpg

Ive already sent the board out for repairs and today I picked up some supplies over at the home Depot and painted it up. 

IMG_20190907_191811.thumb.jpg.37fef63567aac6b2c4f29753bb2f1ec8.jpg

I can't wait to get everything completely put back together and play this thing! This is one of my favorite games of all time! I've always wanted on of these. So awesome to have this cab!

Edited by Kid A