awc_text_hss_squad_challenge.gif

Ice Climber
Nintendo Entertainment System
Controller: PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: Default

Achieve high score to win challenge
Play on: Real Hardware / Dedicated Console / Emulation OK! ✔

Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST May 31st, 2018

Objective: Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between May 1st through May 31st, 2018. Screen captures are not allowed as they are easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the competition is the victor!

Eligibility: Anyone can join in. All players are welcome!

Play Rules: Games may be played on real hardware or emulation, using any controller or keyboard, following rules and game settings as delineated in the Squad Challenge. Enhancements and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

Difficulty Level: Default game. There are no difficulty options for this game.

Fair Play: Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that no use of cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, Photoshop, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage is allowed. Everybody hates a cheater.

More: To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/1219-high-score-squad-how-to-play/ 

Welcome to our 40th Squad Challenge! Ice Climber is one of the earliest releases for the NES and is a fun and interesting climbing game. I've always enjoyed the early NES games for their simplicity. We're going with a mellow game during our site upgrade to keep things easy. Enjoy!

Ice Climber.nesIce Climber.pdf

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

TIME TO BREAK THE ICE :nintendo_mario_freezie:

(Get it? Waka Waka!) 

I've been pretty busy lately, which is why I never got around to the previous challenge, but since I already got this on my 3DS (thanks to the Ambassador Program), I was able to give it a go.

post-303-0-72162300-1525526306_thumb.jpg

I like the characters, but the game itself is not really my cup 'o joe. Still, I may give this another go later on.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I might submit a score for this... if my daughter forces me to play it. I HATE this game... the jumping mechanics and where/how the characters land drives me nuts! Its like they have boat anchors in their asses! For whatever reason though, my daughter loves this game! I think partly because she thinks its fun, but the other part is probably how frustrated I get whenever I play this game :-)