Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

My first book is now available!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,279 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

My first book "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion: Volume 1" just went LIVE this morning via Amazon.com (plus 6 other countries)! The paperback is printed in black & white on creme paper, just like the 80's video game digest books. It covers 34 homebrew titles for the Atari 2600 in 182 total pages. Homebrews spanning from 1995 to today! 

Amazon Kindle version will be available in a couple of days for $3.99. If you purchase the paperback and want the kindle too, the kindle version is reduced to $1.99.

I'm also going to upload a color version of the same book, since I've had numerous requests for color pictures (though it will be pricey due to the color printing costs of Amazon). 

There are some preview pics of selected pages (by Amazon) on the webpage. Just click "Look Inside" right above the picture of the cover to see them. If you'd like to see a sample title, I can post one here, since Amazon only shows the beginning few pages and none of the actual homebrew titles. The game list is in the table of contents which is one of the preview pages.

https://www.amazon.c...uct/1980969396/

If you purchase a copy, please let me know what you think. How did I do for my first book? Anything you'd like to see added for Volume 2?

Thanks!

Brian

Attached Thumbnails

• brian final cover.png

• Justin, MaximumRD, greenween and 5 others like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,471 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:56 PM

How exciting.  Congratulations to you.  :beer:

• Arenafoot likes this

#3 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 685 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:50 PM

Awesome! Will be ordering shortly.  :)

• Arenafoot likes this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#4 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:51 AM

How exciting.  Congratulations to you.  :beer:

Yep! Thanks!

Awesome! Will be ordering shortly.  :)

Thank you for your purchase!

• TrekMD likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#5 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:54 AM

WOW CONGRATULATIONS Arenafoot!!! That's actually amazing! I'll have to think about Volume 2.  :pow:

• Arenafoot likes this

#6 GRay Defender

GRay Defender

Strawberry Member

• 70 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:32 PM

Yes congrats, I ordered one this morning as well.  Looking forward to checking it out.

• Arenafoot likes this

#7 nosweargamer

nosweargamer

Banana Member

• 3,173 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

Congrats!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube....0EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

#8 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 685 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

Looks like my copy of the book should be arriving by Saturday.  :)

#9 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:58 AM

Yes congrats, I ordered one this morning as well.  Looking forward to checking it out.

Thank you!

Congrats!

Thanks!

Looks like my copy of the book should be arriving by Saturday.  :)

Sweet! Let me know what you think. It is my first book.

#10 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 12:14 AM

Amazon Kindle version is now available for $3.99. If you purchase the paperback and want the kindle too, the kindle version is reduced to $.99.

https://www.amazon.c...25493533&sr=1-2

Edited by Arenafoot, 07 May 2018 - 02:05 AM.

#11 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:07 AM

Paperback reduced to $12.60 now!

https://www.amazon.c...uct/1980969396/

Attached Thumbnails

• amazon page day 4.JPG

#12 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:50 AM

now down to $12.13 - Amazon is changing the price daily!  :lol:  :D

#13 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:00 AM

the color version of my book is now available at Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/1981060898

Attached Thumbnails

• 32234083_10214659384971913_2906913279878103040_n.png

• RickR, StormSurge and TrekMD like this

#14 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 685 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:02 PM

Even the cover is in living color.  :)

• Arenafoot and StormSurge like this

#15 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

Warning - because of Amazon's costs of color pages (182 pages in total for the book), this book is pricey at $30.99. But the ebook $3.99 and the b&w paperback $12.99 are still available. I added the color version after many requests.

#16 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:10 AM

Amazon has been adjusting the prices on my books up and down every so often, in case some of you are on the fence of buying a copy.....

https://www.amazon.c...e/e/B07CWNHTK9/

Attached Thumbnails

• author amazon page.JPG

#17 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:11 AM

Nearing the completion of volume 2!!!

See if you can guess at some of the game titles I'm covering in this issue.................

Attached Thumbnails

• tease.JPG

• TrekMD likes this

#18 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 685 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:58 PM

Awesome! Will this one also have a color version?

• Arenafoot likes this

#19 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:02 AM

Awesome! Will this one also have a color version?

Yes - since the demand for it is there, I will have the B&W Paperback and a Full-Color Paperback (Deluxe Edition) with different covers but same book insides.

• RickR and TrekMD like this

#20 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,279 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:07 AM

my first video book review is in.....

• RickR and TrekMD like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users