Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

RF Interference on Composite modded 2600? Homebrews only

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Atarileaf

Atarileaf

Strawberry Member

• 90 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:00 PM

What is a good modern source for replacing the metal tape and if I can't find a replacement shield can I at least ground the tape to the metal on the board that the shield attaches to?

#42 CrossBow

CrossBow

Orange Member

• 179 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

You don't need the same exactly stuff as before. All you really need is a decent size piece of wire to solder the outer casing of each switch and then eventually solder that down to the RF ground plain somewhere. But if you really want to use foil tape like before, then you can just buy a small roll of Chrome repair tape from an autoparts store and cut it as needed. It is basically the same stuff.

• Atarileaf likes this

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.c...owercollections

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users