Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

How many games do you have in your collection?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,261 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:54 AM

Im just curious as to how many games everyone has in their collection (not counting duplicates). For all system the total amount.

I just recently downloaded an app on my phone that lets me put in my collection of games. A few times i have bought a game thinking i didnt have it and when i got home there is was on the shelf. Its been great and very helpful.

Anyway im up to 665 games total. I know about 150 of them are Atari 2600 and 100 NES.

I'm actually close to the same as you Justin!

total 634

161 Atari 2600

75 PC

115 Xbox

110 PS2

35 INTV

27 NES

etc

• StormSurge likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#22 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,261 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:57 AM

I use an Excel spreadsheet, which each system on a different sheet.  I don't know how to create a function to count all rows on all sheets.  And I'm too lazy to do it by hand.  I'd guess I'm close to 1000.  With the big hitters being Atari 2600 (304 games), Intellivision (97), Odyssey 2 (37), and PS2 (over 100). 

I have a blank Video Game Checklist Spreadsheet for you, but this forum will not allow me to upload that type of file. :-(

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#23 Atarileaf

Atarileaf

Strawberry Member

• 90 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:58 AM

Am I the only one who kind of looks at my collection in parts as in these games are part of my collection but these aren't? By that I mean I do own some Big box older PC games and I have a PS3, a PS4 and a Wii but I don't consider them part of my "collection". I view them as separate. My collection is my Atari and NES stuff and the rest are just video games I own and enjoy. Is that weird?

• RickR likes this

#24 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,313 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:13 AM

Am I the only one who kind of looks at my collection in parts as in these games are part of my collection but these aren't? By that I mean I do own some Big box older PC games and I have a PS3, a PS4 and a Wii but I don't consider them part of my "collection". I view them as separate. My collection is my Atari and NES stuff and the rest are just video games I own and enjoy. Is that weird?

Not at all.  I was just thinking something similar.  In the 90's, my gaming was all done on a PC.  Great games.  I've kept a lot of them.  But I don't consider them part of my collection either.  I think it's because the machine itself (or machines, I should say) are gone and there is no desire to recreate them.  PC gaming involved a lot of special hardware, constant upgrades, etc.  That stuff is no fun now.  It was fun back then to read reviews, pick the components you wanted, and then find the best deals.  But painful to even think about now. 

I guess it all falls down to the simplicity of console gaming.  Plug and play. 

• Atarileaf likes this

#25 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,246 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:13 AM

I have some Windows PC stuff that are sharing shelves with console games. While they are there I feel they need their own corner and shelf. To my eyes they are mucking up my console game collection when I know they're not.

I feel that way about one machine I have. At times I feel like it's a waste of space that could be used for other things but I enjoy looking at it at the same time even if I never use it.

All consoles I have I consider part of my collection without regards to how old or new they are, Wii and 360 included. Speaking of consoles I had an original Intellivision a few years ago but didn't care for the system. As of recent I've taken a liking to the Intellivision II console. I like the design but know some games don't work with it. I just wish I knew which ones and if I would like to use it or not.

If my collection could use anything it would be storage options that are budget friendly. Stands for heavy CRTs are not made anymore and the two shelves I liked and wanted more of Walmart stopped carrying them. So I am looking for alternatives. My entire Wii game collection sits in the box GameStop uses for Wii systems and a box left from a 12 pack of ramens is holding 27 2600 carts, both are sitting in odd spots acting like small shelves. Would be nice to see what others use.
  • Atarileaf likes this

#26 Atarileaf

Atarileaf

Strawberry Member

• 90 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:15 PM

If my collection could use anything it would be storage options that are budget friendly. Stands for heavy CRTs are not made anymore and the two shelves I liked and wanted more of Walmart stopped carrying them. So I am looking for alternatives. My entire Wii game collection sits in the box GameStop uses for Wii systems and a box left from a 12 pack of ramens is holding 27 2600 carts, both are sitting in odd spots acting like small shelves. Would be nice to see what others use.

One of the other hobbies of mine is refinishing old furniture. Old wooden dressers, real wood not that particle board crap, can sometimes be found fairly cheaply at yard sales or goodwill, etc especially if it's kind of beat up. You can then strip and sand them and re-stain them, put on some new hardware and you have a nice storage solution. Dressers I find are great for storing games or items you don't necessarily want displayed and they're great and strong enough for putting smaller CRT's and consoles on top for playing.

• MaximumRD and RickR like this

#27 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,313 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:42 PM

Well, I borrowed (and modified) the summary sheet from Arenafoot's spreadsheet and added it to my own.  The new grand total is.......

1436 games!

Attached Thumbnails

• GamesSummary.JPG

• Arenafoot, Atarileaf, StormSurge and 1 other like this

#28 CrossBow

CrossBow

Orange Member

• 171 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

Well...if my Gameye app is to be believed and if I've got it updated...:

Sega 32x = 20 

3DS = 25

Arcade = 5 Cabinets, 1 cocktail (Frogger, Commando, Gyruss, DKjr, Vindicators, Galaga (cocktail))

2600 = 313 

5200 = 61 

7800 = 55 

Colecovision = 82 

Dreamcast = 76 

Gamegear = 59

GameCube = 51

Sega Genesis = 348

Intellivision = 78

Jaguar = 21

JagCD = 6

Lynx = 42

Sega Master system = 55

N64 = 25

NDS = 39

NES = 56

PC = 87 Boxed games many many more digitally

PS2 = 81

PS3 = 91

PS4 = 11

SNES = 65

Saturn = 63

SegaCD = 7

TG16 = 26

TG16 CD = 3

Vectrex = 7

Wii = 103

Wii U = 20

Total = 1990 unique games

This list does not include my xbox and xbox 360 games as I haven't added those yet. Also missing are my TI-99, VIC-20, and Atari 8-bit carts. I have duplicates for nearly all the classic systems but have never inventoried them and keep them in a big box separately.

Edited by CrossBow, 21 May 2018 - 10:44 AM.

• Atarileaf likes this

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.c...owercollections

#29 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 219 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:40 PM

Heres what I got.

32x - 4
3ds - 16
2600 - 159
5200 - 69
7800 - 8
CD-i - 2
Colecovision - 12
Dreamcast - 14
GBA - 12
GB - 21
GBC -7
GameGear - 16
Game.com - 1
GameCube - 30
Genesis - 61
Intellivision - 28
Master System - 12
N64 - 13
DS - 14
NES - 140
Odyssey 2 - 6
PS1 - 67
PS2 - 75
PS3 - 71
PS4 - 52
PSP - 7
SNES - 48
Saturn - 15
Sega CD - 16
Switch - 23
Turbo Grafx 16 - 2
TRS-80 color - 2
Vectrex - 10
Virtual Boy - 2
Wii - 35
Wii U - 162
Xbox - 2
Xbox 360 - 3
Xbox One - 4

Total 1,241 games.

I have consoles for all these games except for the CDi, trs80 and the game.com.

I just realized my Atari 8 bit carts aren't there. I believe I have about 12 games for that as well. So +12 on the above total.

Edited by Kid A, 21 May 2018 - 04:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users