Feedback request for podcast: Edladdin stuff for Atari 7800!

dauber

Episode 38 of The Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast will be focusing on the various Edladdin products. You can find the podcast on iTunes/Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, the website http://homebrew78.fab4it.com, or use this feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/homebrew78.

What are your thoughts? Share 'em here! You can also e-mail text or audio to homebrew78 -at- fab4it -dot- com. I'm thinking Wednesday, June 13, 11:59pm CDT as the deadline for this one.

Comments are welcome any time, including after the deadline; any feedback from after the deadline will simply be addressed during a later episode.

BTW, feel free to share comments about Ed's non-7800 stuff too. :)

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

Hi Sean,

About three years ago I actually won the Super Twin 78 Eddladdin controller from a contest put on by Phil the Nosweargamer from the "Atari 7800 game by game podcast" and sponsored by Edladdin.com.  Thank you Phil and Edladdin!

It was great to win the Super Twin 78, since it supports two player games and games like Robotron 2084. This one has more of a metallic design all around and came with really nice side decals.

Prior to that I had already purchased the Supreme 78: All-Play 4/8.  I liked the design of this controller in particular, since it was more geared toward single player games, was ambidexterous, supported 4 or 8 directions.  This controller has a wooden base.  The lid can be lifted up allowing access to switch between 4 or 8 directional play.

I love both of the controllers and go back to them often.  The only bad thing about owning them is that they are not compact, meaning they take up a decent amount of space, so that needs to be taken into consideration.

After owning the Supreme 78: Al-Play 4/8 for a about three years I was pleasantly suprised to receive a letter from Edladdin last year.  In it, I was informed I own Serial#1, and it included a certificate of authenticity, how cool is that!  Ed Kelly later told me the service tags idea was born out of the kickstarter campaigns.

Speaking of kickstarters, Edladding successfully ran one for a Colecovision controller, funded February 19, 2016 with 72 backers, $12,302 was raised. 

I pledeged for the Coleco Super CV, received it, but have not made time to test it out, but I am curious to hear how well it works from others on this podcast.

Recapping, Edladdin puts out quality controllers. They work great on both the Atari 2600 and 7800 consoles. I've also had a blast connecting them for use on the Commodore 64. Ed Kelly himself is responsive and personable.  These arcade style controllers are definately worth the money, in my opinion.

post-1209-0-43261600-1528769211_thumb.jpg

post-1209-0-57087900-1528769218_thumb.png