80's movie "Then and Now" pictures

RickR

Hey Rick, great idea for a post! I'm confused about the first photo though. Are those people stand-ins in the original photograph and what they look like today? Or is it possible the "what they look like today" photo are cosplayers posing next to Michael J. Fox? Wendie Jo Spurber, the actress who played Marty's sister Linda, passed away from cancer in 2005, and Marc McClure who played Marty's brother Dave looks substantially older than that now. I'm thinking there's some confusion with that photograph.

What's pretty cool with that movie in particular is seeing side-by-side comparisons of the cast today vs. photos of them in 1989 made to look older for the fictional "2015". Pretty interesting stuff!

Hey Rick, great idea for a post! I'm confused about the first photo though. Are those people stand-ins in the original photograph and what they look like today? Or is it possible the "what they look like today" photo are cosplayers posing next to Michael J. Fox? Wendie Jo Spurber, the actress who played Marty's sister Linda, passed away from cancer in 2005, and Marc McClure who played Marty's brother Dave looks substantially older than that now. I'm thinking there's some confusion with that photograph.

What's pretty cool with that movie in particular is seeing side-by-side comparisons of the cast today vs. photos of them in 1989 made to look older for the fictional "2015". Pretty interesting stuff!

Ohmygosh!  You are most likely correct.  This must be a couple of modern cosplayers taking a picture with modern Michael J. Fox.  My bad.  Sorry.

:( :pile:

Ohmygosh!  You are most likely correct.  This must be a couple of modern cosplayers taking a picture with modern Michael J. Fox.  My bad.  Sorry.

:( :pile:

No apologies needed! I did a double take and it hit me that it didn't make sense. Cool how they photoshopped the guy fading out of existence. Seeing the Goonies cast is great, I wish they'd do some sort of reunion.