Squad Challenge - River Raid (Atari 2600)

Justin

awc_text_hss_squad_challenge.gif

River Raid
Atari 2600
Controller: PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: Game 1, Difficulty B
Achieve high score to win challenge
Play on: Real Hardware / Dedicated Console / MAME / Emulation OK! ✔
Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST September 30th, 2018

Objective: Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between September 15th through September 30th, 2018. Screen captures are not allowed as they are easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the competition is the victor!

Eligibility: Anyone can join in. All players are welcome!

Play Rules: Games may be played on real hardware or emulation, using any controller or keyboard, following rules and game settings as delineated in the Squad Challenge. Enhancements and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

Difficulty Level: Game 1, Difficulty B. These settings permit One Player and enable you to control the direction of your missiles after they have been fired by "steering" them with your Joystick Controller.

Fair Play: Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that no use of cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, Photoshop, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage is allowed. Everybody hates a cheater.

More: To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: http://forums.atari.io/index.php/topic/1219-high-score-squad-how-to-play/ 

Welcome to our 43rd Squad Challenge! River Raid is Carol Shaw's Activision masterpiece. One of the best selling and most loved Atari 2600 games of all time, it's also been one of the most requested for a Squad Challenge. It's also pretty easy to get your hands on, so hopefully we'll have lots of members participating. River Raid can be found on many Activision compilations and Atari Flashback systems. Let's see how far you can get. Enjoy!

River_Raid.binRiver_Raid.pdf

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

PS Justin - we need to do something about the broken CAPCHA on the sign up page.  I invited a bunch of new folks to the past few challenges, but they are unable to create a new account on the forums.

Thanks Rick, I'm on it. Captcha has been down for a couple months. That issue all be resolved shortly with the site upgrade and people will be able to sign up for new accounts without a problem.

Thanks Rick, I'm on it. Captcha has been down for a couple months. That issue all be resolved shortly with the site upgrade and people will be able to sign up for new accounts without a problem.

Yes! Please let us know when we can invite people again. I know there have been some who wanted to join but couldn't.

First crack 17340

post-303-0-20546200-1537143577.png

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Yes! Please let us know when we can invite people again. I know there have been some who wanted to join but couldn't.

It's been a real pain. :wreck-it-ralph: Captcha was lost just like the chatroom, no warning no notice. I can sign people up manually, meaning you give me their email address, desired screen name, and I create a new account for them from scratch, including a password and send them login info. I'm happy to do it. This issue will be resolved soon with the site upgrade and people will be able to sign up on their own the way they're supposed to.

River Raid is off to a good start!

So, my first video had a false copyright claim against it.

I disputed it, but made a new River Raid video to potentially replace. But it too was falsely claimed by the same YouTuber.

So I wanted to ask: Did any other River Raid videos made for this thread get claimed like mine did?

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

So, my first video had a false copyright claim against it.

I disputed it, but made a new River Raid video to potentially replace. But it too was falsely claimed by the same YouTuber.

So I wanted to ask: Did any other River Raid videos made for this thread get claimed like mine did?

Sounds like a not-so-nice nemesis is attempting to deplatform you.