Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

PRGE 2018

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 260 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

So excited that I will be making the 996.4 mile trek to attend this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo. I have never been to this event and I'm so excited that I'll be there this year! I can't wait to go!

Who else is going?

Edited by Kid A, 17 September 2018 - 05:04 PM.

• Justin, RickR, Arenafoot and 1 other like this

#2 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

That should be kind of a big deal

#3 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 685 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:11 PM

Cool.  You're going to love it.  I want for the first time two years ago and now I make the effort to go every year.  Having said that, I will be there this year.  :)

• Justin and Kid A like this

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

#4 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,471 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

I'll be there! 

I live in Portland -- let me know if you have any questions about the area or the show. 

Edited by RickR, 18 September 2018 - 04:58 PM.

• Justin, Arenafoot, Kid A and 1 other like this

#5 Atarileaf

Atarileaf

Orange Member

• 109 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:57 AM

I'll be there! 

I live in Portland 

;) :D

• Justin likes this

#6 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 260 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

I'll be there!

I live in Portland -- let me know if you have any questions about the area or the show.

I know for sure we'll be going to this place where they serve these amazing looking biscuits. It looks so good I want to try them!
  • Justin likes this

#7 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,471 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:36 PM

Pine State Biscuits, I assume. Very good choice.

#8 CrossBow

CrossBow

Orange Member

• 213 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:58 PM

The missus and I will also be attending PRGE for the first time. I've attended CGE in the past and of course until 2 years ago had been hosting my own much smaller con here in Oklahoma for 12 years.

We will be arriving on Thursday and staying through the weekend. I believe we are in a hotel just a block from the event so we aren't planning to get a rental car or anything. Hopefully we don't have a real need for one.

• TrekMD likes this

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.c...owercollections

#9 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,471 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 09:18 PM

You definitely do not need a car.  The light rail will take you from the airport to your hotel.  And that same light rail will take you over the river into downtown Portland if you want to explore that.  I think that's plenty...but if you end up wanting to see more, uber and lyft are both prevalent here.  In the area of your hotel, I highly recommend "Little Big Burger", "Frank's Noodle House", and "Cafe Yumm".  Great food that isn't too spendy. 

With all of us Atari.io folks coming, we should try to get together at least on the show floor or something.  Get a good group photo and say hello. 

• Arenafoot likes this

#10 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 685 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:42 PM

The light rail works perfectly.  You can make it to the airport and the convention center area easily and then walk to the hotel.  It's cheap also! 

We should try getting together!  I agree.  :)

#11 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,279 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:53 AM

I'll be doing my book signing at the Houston Arcade Expo that same weekend (at The Game Czar booth - Rowsdowner70)!!

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#12 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,279 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 01:56 AM

That should be kind of a big deal

With all of us Atari.io folks coming, we should try to get together at least on the show floor or something.  Get a good group photo and say hello. 

Justin, do you have any advertising swag for Atari.IO that we could give out at PRGE and HAAG that weekend to help promote the site????

• Justin likes this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#13 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

Justin, do you have any advertising swag for Atari.IO that we could give out at PRGE and HAAG that weekend to help promote the site????

I don't right now. Maybe after the site upgrade when it will be easier for people to join.

#14 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,471 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:26 PM

Turns out, I'm only going to be available to attend on Friday. 

#15 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 685 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:22 PM

Oh, then we should try to meet up that day.  I land in the afternoon.

#16 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 260 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:00 PM

I'll be there setting up on Thursday all the way till the end of the show on Sunday! It would be cool to see some of you guys!

#17 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,471 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 12:24 PM

Cool.  Let's shoot for Friday afternoon if possible.  I'll take a look at the schedule to see what's going on.  For now, I plan on taking the day off of work on Friday. 

#18 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 685 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

I land around 2 pm, if there are no delays.  I'll grab the train to downtown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users