Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Squad Challenge - Ice Hockey (NES)

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 12:44 PM

So the best I've been able to do on several attempts is 10... still trying to figure out how to get more. I've only played on the Nintendo Online service on the Switch though, so I'm going to try on actual hardware this weekend to see if there's a difference.

I want to encourage everyone to share basic Tips & Strategy for Ice Hockey!  :nintendo_mario_freezie:  :nintendo_mario_freezie:  :nintendo_mario_freezie:  8-Bit sports games have always been in their own world. Controls aren't always intuitive, and these games can be hard to figure out at first. I don't mean give away the details of your strategy, but just to help each other get the hang of things. I'm still trying to get the hang of the game myself!

• RickR likes this

#22 Starbuck66

Starbuck66

Pretzel Member

• 375 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:48 PM

One tip I would share is check out GameFAQs, there is a lot of info on lineups and play strategies. Also the consensus is Poland is the worst team in the game, so play them. :-)
  • Justin and RickR like this

#23 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:38 AM

Also the consensus is Poland is the worst team in the game, so play them. :-)

lmao I never knew that! Thanks for the big tip off  ^_^ 

#24 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,472 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:49 AM

Poland still kicked my butt 9-3 first time I tried it.  I don't know why I picked them as an opponent. 

I'm going to try more this weekend.  I love 8-bit sports games!

• Justin and Starbuck66 like this

#25 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

King of Kreep

• 600 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:13 AM

Got my Wii back up and running. Played a bit but disnt pause it to take an image of my best score so far. Lost to Canada 12 to 4. Hahaha looks like I'm off to Poland!

• Justin likes this

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#26 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,472 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:38 PM

Oooh boy, do I stink at this one.

5 goals.

Attached Thumbnails

• ice hockey 002.JPG

• Justin likes this

#27 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 261 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 07:55 PM

Try to take as many shots as you can from the slot. The slot is the areas between the circles in front of the net.

Screenshot_20181005-085233.png

Make sure you take that shot as well ESPECIALLY as soon as you successfully receive a pass from above or below where your player is in the slot. If the opposing goalie is toward the bottom of the crease, hold up while making the shot and down if he is higher in the crease.
  • Justin and Atari Creep like this

#28 Kid A

Kid A

Orange Member

• 261 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:05 AM

20-1 victory.

IMG_20181007_171542.jpg
  • Justin, RickR and Atari Creep like this

#29 Starbuck66

Starbuck66

Pretzel Member

• 375 posts

Posted Today, 08:58 AM

Kicking myself for forgetting to post this yesterday.... anyway here it is, too late for the contest but not the high score board I guess...

F3ZTjW4h.jpg

• Justin and Kid A like this

#30 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,937 posts

Posted Today, 02:31 PM

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Kid A!

SLAP!! Congratulations to Kid A! Kid A posted scored 20 goals and became our High Score Winner for this Squad Challenge! And a tremendous Honorable Mention goes to Starbuck66 with an incredible score of 29 goals that got in this morning after the challenge deadline. But Starbuck’s right! He shared his incredible score with us all, and he can post his high score to the Scoreboard any time! I’d encourage Starbuck and Kid A to do just that. Congrats to everyone who played! I'd encourage Kid A and Starbuck66 to post their high scores on the Scoreboard! Way to go guys!

:nintendo_mario_freezie: ICE HOCKEY FINAL STANDINGS :nintendo_mario_freezie:   

1       Kid A                               20

2       Starbuck66              10 (29)

3       RickR                                5

4       Atari Creep                       4

• greenween, RickR and TrekMD like this

#31 TrekMD

TrekMD

Apple Member

• 689 posts

Posted Today, 02:56 PM

Congratulations to all!