NSG's Game Collection: One Video At A Time

nosweargamer

Dang youve got alot of lynx games. Its probably the system i have the least amount of games for. I just dont ever find any games for it in the wild. I find alot more game gear games out here.

Yeah, I got these all through the net. I've never seen Lynx stuff at yard sales or thrift stores. I don't recall seeing it at Flea Markets or game stores, although I might have forgotten.

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I got my Lynx II given to me for free in the early 2000s by a friend that just didn't want it anymore! It is the one that I installed the McWill LCD mod into. I have another Lynx II that sits on display in one of my glass cases in my game room. I can't remember where I got that second one, but I know it was cheap when I found it. That one works also since I recapped it about two years ago.

I have quite a few games, but NSG has a few I don't have yet. I got most of my games finding them loose in retro game stores over the past 15 years. However, I did buy most of the boxed games around 2003 - 2005 when they were cheaper and more plentiful. I remember buying about a half dozen CIB NOS games from the first CGE I attended in 2002 in Vegas. 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

@nosweargamer I've always liked the label art on the SMS games. If I ever invest in a real, non-AtGames Sega Genesis, I'm getting the model one and a Power Base Converter. Not too big of a Sega fan, so it would be a while before I purchase one. They're not too expensive, either; a model one, controller, all the cords and a game only runs about $35 at my local game store. If I ever pick one up, I'm buying Columns III on day one. Probably my favorite Genesis game and an absolute blast in multiplayer matches.

2 minutes ago, HDN said:

@nosweargamer I've always liked the label art on the SMS games. If I ever invest in a real, non-AtGames Sega Genesis, I'm getting the model one and a Power Base Converter. Not too big of a Sega fan, so it would be a while before I purchase one. They're not too expensive, either; a model one, controller, all the cords and a game only runs about $35 at my local game store. If I ever pick one up, I'm buying Columns III on day one. Probably my favorite Genesis game and an absolute blast in multiplayer matches.

I grew up with a model 1 and power base converter. Probably my favorite system of all time. If you ever do get one, get a 6-Pak too! 6 great games on one cart.

6-Pak | Sonic News Network | Fandom

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

5 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

Probably my favorite system of all time.

Blasphemy! Super Nintendo is WAYYYYY better, @nosweargamer!!!

I'm just messing with you. We all have our own opinions. I have a friend who's a Sega fanatic. We argue often. All friendly debates, of course.

7 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

If you ever do get one, get a 6-Pak too! 6 great games on one cart.

Thanks for the advice, but to be honest, I've seen most all of these games in the clearance bin and could probably get all of them for cheaper that way (they seem to hate Sega there!). Can't deny how cool of a pack-in that is, though! Very varied. A little something for everyone.