Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Arcade 1up arcade machines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,497 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:45 AM

So as im sure all of you have seen and read about the new arcade 1up arcade machines (trying to avoid using the words full size arcades) and just wanted get yalls opinions on them. So far im seeing that they are starting to pop up at walmarts. Have you gotten one already? Are you planning to get one? Are you on the fence? Does one stand out more to you?

For me they are just too small. I am 6'3" and these things with the 13" riser are 4'3". My pole position arcade is a solid 6 feet tall and if it was any shorter my back couldnt take it.

Now for the price. At first i thought $299 wasnt so bad for a full size arcade at home with multiple games built in and supposedly arcade roms this time. But for the size of it. Im not sold on the price at all.

Now i might actually be interested in one of someone finds a way to hack it and add more games to it, but from what ive read so far it doesnt look to be possible. Looks like the best you could do is get one and throw a pi in there

Anyway what are yall thoughts? Do you already own one? If so im sure we would all love to know your thoughts and review on it. Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• GameRant-Arcade-1Up.jpg.optimal.jpg
  • 6000198750007.jpg

• Atari Creep likes this

#2 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

King of Kreep

• 647 posts

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:39 PM

I'm very interested in the Centipede cab. Prob be the closest I will ever get to owning a real one. HAHAHA 

• jmjustin6 likes this

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#3 jmjustin6

jmjustin6

Pear Member

• 1,497 posts

Posted 22 October 2018 - 10:44 PM

Ok so I saw this in a Facebook group. This is the street fighter edition of the arcade 1up. Guy said this was from a few days of playing. Yea they can keep this crap

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1540095126630.jpg

#4 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,282 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:36 AM

Played one at the 2018 Houston Arcade Expo - the screen is off center, the trak ball is too small .... so not worth it!

Build your own!

• MaximumRD and jmjustin6 like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#5 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,380 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:50 PM

Yea...our Walmart has a demo unit setup where all you can do is push a button to watch a short demo. You can't touch the controls. If I was to get one I would be after either the Asteroids or Galaga model. I'm hoping they addressed the artwork issue by now as is the issue with the rotary controller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users