Switch friend codes

jmjustin6

Yo, yo, yo! This is just the thread I was looking for.

If anyone's looking for someone to play some NES and SNES games online, I'm your guy. NES Baseball, Super Tennis, Puyo Puyo, OG Mario Brothers; I'm up for it almost anytime. Especially Super Mario Kart. My dad and sister really hate that game, and I'd love to be able to play that with someone. Great game.

I would play some more current multiplayer games, but I don't have too many. Smash Ultimate, Mario Tennis, Luigi's Mansion 3; that's about it. Still, I'd love to be able to play with some of you guys.

Another thing: I will need to pick up Atari Flashback Classics someday. According to Google, that thing has online multiplayer! Finally, some portable, online 2600 action!

And hey, I have a new phone that'll be able to run the voice chat app! My old phone was far too old.

Anyways, here it is:

SW-2371-3836-6316

Anyone else have a code they'd like to share? The more the merrier!

But seriously, if anyone would like to play some Mario Brothers...

I don't have a switch 😢 but we do have a 3DS I have to replace the power port on before I can use it again.  It was working for a little while.  I miss it already.  It was given to us and I found a new power cord for it for $5.  One pin on the port just snapped so I don't use it until I can fix it. I'm hoping to get a Switch Lite someday..  I don't like the looks of the new Xbox or ps5.  Besides Nintendo seems to be getting games I'm more interested in.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

32 minutes ago, RickR said:

I also do not have a Switch.  Should I?

It all depends on what you’re looking for in a system. The system has more of the non-Nintendo modern games as well, and if you’d like to play a lot of those on the go, it’s your best bet. 
For me, it’s all about the Nintendo IP games. Luigis Mansion 3, Mario Odyssey, BOTW.

5 hours ago, HDN said:

It all depends on what you’re looking for in a system. The system has more of the non-Nintendo modern games as well, and if you’d like to play a lot of those on the go, it’s your best bet. 
For me, it’s all about the Nintendo IP games. Luigis Mansion 3, Mario Odyssey, BOTW.

I'm looking for games that are more family oriented. I like my Borderlands and Sniper Elite games, and I'm a huge For a fan, but most of the games XBOX is getting I have tried and don't care for.  And I love Pokemon games.  So, for me, the Switch Lite just seems like the best bet.  But I'd want to get one for my wife and me so we can play games together.  Do you have to pay for an online service through Nintendo to play Switch games online?

15 minutes ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I'm looking for games that are more family oriented. I like my Borderlands and Sniper Elite games, and I'm a huge For a fan, but most of the games XBOX is getting I have tried and don't care for.  And I love Pokemon games.  So, for me, the Switch Lite just seems like the best bet.  But I'd want to get one for my wife and me so we can play games together.  Do you have to pay for an online service through Nintendo to play Switch games online?

First off, DON’T GET A SWITCH LITE! The Switch is infamous for controller failure, like the 5200. It is not easily fixable and you would most likely need to buy new controllers. The Lite uses the same controller design as the Switch Joy-Cons do, so it’ll only last about 8 or so months (how long it lasted for me) before starting to “drift”. Nintendo is currently getting sued over this.

If you get a Switch, get a Pro Controller or, if you don’t mind, wired controllers. They are much cheaper than constantly replacing the Joy-Cons. The wired ones are only about $20, but the Pro is a bit more. It won’t work too well for on the go gaming, but they are definitely worth having around for a way to at least play the games in some capacity.

As for “family style” games, Nintendo has your back. Might I recommend Luigi’s Mansion 3 for you and your wife to play together? That’s very fun in co-op. Mario Odyssey, not so much. Great game, but terrible multiplayer.

If you are looking for a cheap co-op game, might I recommend Untitled Goose Game? I bought it on launch; love those feathery pigs and was super hyped to have a game based on them. It recently got a coop update, and my sister and I are loving it. The game is only about $20. Must have.

And sadly, yes, you do need a paid online subscription. Switch Online’s service isn’t as good as the PS4’s or XBOX’s, but it’s only $20 a year. It’s worth it for the free SNES and NES games you get. You can also play Super Mario 35 (while it’s out) and Tetris 99, among others with peeps online.

And I have heard the new Animal Crossing is fun, too. Haven’t played it yet, but I played a TON of AC: New Leaf for the 3DS and loved it. Still play it occasionally, and get sucked right back in!

$20 a year is better than $15 for one month.  I could live with that.  And I still have and play AC on GameCube and AC City Folk on Wii.  My wife and I love both games. I know my wife would love the old NES and SNES games...especially if Mario games are in there.  I thought of the Lite because I was thinking one for each where as with the Pro we could only get one. And I would want something portable.

I think I'm ready for a change.  I just don't see the value in XBOX any more.  The free games with gold have not been all that great.  For the past few months the 360 game has been an original Xbox game I already have.  And XBOX One doesn't have but maybe a dozen games that we actually like.  And if I lose gold I lose the XBOne games.  If you are going to give me a game I should have the right to play it.  I'm tired of their high costs and Indian giving.  I like the machines but don't like their politics any more.  

So, $20 a year is very cheap comparing.  And even if it was a Lite for now I'd be very happy.  At least Switch has Terraria with no strings attached.  That's one of our favorites.

Yeap I didn't own a switch until this past March when AC: New Horizons was released. My wife LOVES the AC games and it was around her B-day at the time so I pre-ordered it all about a month in advance. Glad I did considering how difficult it became to get the switch when the pandemic really took off.

I opted for the family annual online since that way anyone in my house that creates an account (I think the limit is 7 people?) will have access to the online content and this was especially needed for the new AC game as well. 

But to answer you question about the games for the old NES and SNES there @Atari 5200 Guy, yes, the classic Mario platformers are all present for the NES online games as well as on the SNES games. Ninendo updates this with new games about every month or so and it makes sense why they had NO desire to keep producing the Minis even though they were selling so well. The Online games is the exact same in how they play and with save states..etc. So technically Nintendo making and selling the Minis was in direct competition with themselves in this case.

I don't recall what my switch profile code is but I will try and get that later to post if anyone wants to send an invite. I don't play the switch much and when I do it has pretty much only been AC since we got it but I do still like to fire up the classics and have a save state on Super Metroid I go back and play on a bit here and there.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections