Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Check out this Atari Pac Man commercial

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,504 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:58 PM

I've never seen this one.  Not any screen shots or indications of the actual game are shown!  Is it real?  If so, it must have come out before the game was completed.

• MaximumRD, greenween, Atari Creep and 1 other like this

#2 kamakazi20012

kamakazi20012

Pear Member

• 1,380 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:16 PM

It is possible that the commercial was an early draft and never officially aired. If it did air then I never seen it. Then again having only three channels we rarely seen anything Atari on TV other than the games we were playing. Atari was really never advertised in my area when I was a kid. OK...maybe I should say younger because I'm still a kid at heart.

#3 Atari Creep

Atari Creep

King of Kreep

• 647 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:11 PM

I don't remember that one either. Cool.

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

#4 dauber

dauber

Pretzel Member

• 395 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

My theory was that the reason they didn't have any actual gameplay on camera was that Atari didn't want to show it, for obvious reasons. But there were other commercials that did show the gameplay.

Supernatural, perhaps...baloney, perhaps not.

#5 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,504 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:41 PM

My theory was that the reason they didn't have any actual gameplay on camera was that Atari didn't want to show it, for obvious reasons. But there were other commercials that did show the gameplay.

I agree.  I'll bet this was marketing chomping at the bit to get an ad out....and just added more pressure to Tod Frye to hurry up.  Put it out, no matter what. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users