Squad Challenge - Tetris (NES)

Justin

Let's get some tips for these insane scores!!! I thought i was pretty decent at Tetris, wow. :(|

One I would add to Rick’s tips is to start the game on a higher level to get better at manipulating the pieces at higher speeds for practice. That and the more empty you can have the board by the time you get to level 8 the better, as that’s when things really speed up.

One thing I'm learning is that it really helps to take a quick peek at the "next piece" coming.  Quick peek only, though.  That can usually help in deciding where the current piece should land.  Think a few steps ahead. 

I haven't had a lot of time yet to really get into this one.  But I will. 

One thing I'm learning is that it really helps to take a quick peek at the "next piece" coming. Quick peek only, though. That can usually help in deciding where the current piece should land. Think a few steps ahead.

I haven't had a lot of time yet to really get into this one. But I will.

Another great tip; I would also add that you need to arrange your pieces to accomodate any next piece you get. I always try to make sure I arrange things so I can accomodate any piece.

Here's a couple tips I have. The first is obvious. Score as many Tetrises (4 lines in one drop) as you can. These are worth the most amount of points. These can obviously be done only with the "I" piece.

Here's the scoring breakdown right from the manual.

post-79-0-67812200-1542091510_thumb.png

Second tip is knowing your pieces.

post-79-0-29199600-1542090116_thumb.jpg

What I mean by that, is to know what pieces fit in what crevices just by sight. Knowing that an L piece will fit in a spot that's 3 deep with an open spot to the left. Knowing this helps tremendously, especially at higher speeds

3rd tip. Know when to block the well when setting up for Tetrises.

post-79-0-52832400-1542090301_thumb.jpg

Even though in the example as shown in the picture, yes you're blocking off the well but since lines are completed those lines will go away setting you up for a Tetris. This also helps a lot to get rid of lines when playing at higher speeds.

Here's another example

post-79-0-23010900-1542090875_thumb.jpg

In this example once the reverse L piece is dropped, a line will be completed. But the Well will remain closed. But with the next piece, you drop it as shown under next into the open gap, and the well will be open once again only being blocked for 2 piece drops.

Edited by Kid A