SCAVENGER HUNT: April 11, 2015

Okay you guys this is a Scavenger Hunt! Right now, in this forum, post a photo of:

THREE ATARI CARTRIDGES; THE FIRST COPYRIGHT © 1981 ATARI, THE SECOND © 1982 ATARI, AND THE THIRD © 1987 ATARI, WITH AN OLD HOTWHEELS OR MATCHBOX CAR SITTING ON TOP OF THE CART, AND A STICKY NOTE THAT HAS YOUR ATARI I/O SCREEN NAME WRITTEN ON IT

Okay, got it? Get three first-party Atari games together, copyrights 1981, 1982, and 1987 Atari. (Actual Atari carts, not Activision or third-party. These can be for any Atari console or computer.) Then write your Atari I/O member name on a sticky note, put an old Matchbox car on top for no good reason, take a picture, and post it right here.

All this stuff should be in one photo. The first person to do this will win a collector-quality REALSPORTS BOXING, brand new and shrink wrapped in the box with a clear plastic collector's case!!

Have Fun!

post-9-0-54522700-1428772692_thumb.jpg

Way to go! Congrats on your win Rick! That old Matchbox Corvette is awesome.

FYI - Scavenger Hunts and other giveaways with the more expensive brand new MIB prizes usually happen unannounced at random times, but if you pay attention to our YouTube or other social media we'll usually give a heads-up that something cool is about to happen. This was posted on our YouTube yesterday:

http://youtu.be/29wwPVOliog

Yeah seems a little odd that they would still be making Math Grand Prix in 1987. That's well into the era of NES-dominance. I was thinking someone would post a pic of a 7800 cart, cool that you found a Math Grand Prix with that year.

I was just about to go grab the 7800 shoe box o' games, but found Math Grand Prix at the last moment.

These scavenger hunts are really going to help me.  My wife is always asking me to "throw out that old junk".  Well, where would I be without that box of Hot Wheels now, hon?  Ha!

Congrats Rick! That prize is fantastic on so many levels.

And now I have a good reason to get me some Matchbox cars.

My Matchbox stash got lost in a moving van long ago.

*sob*

Aaaaand now I gotta websearch some Matchbox catalogs from the 70s.

Got a sudden need to recall fond sandbox memories and soothe that pang in my cold, cold heart.

See what happens when a vintage gamer uses a modern tablet? Pictures come out sideways. I should have used a gameboy camera instead.

LOL so true! I always end up with the same problem.

Glad you received the game RickR, hope you enjoy it!!

Archived