Got Some New Games

leolinden

Excellent!  You got a great deal, and those are all good games. 

Do they all work?  If not, we can teach you how to clean the cartridge edge with q-tips and rubbing alcohol.  And make sure to look for an on-line version of the Riddle of the Sphinx manual. 

I'll think about it Rick. You guys are doing way more than you need to do. I have the money to buy my own stuff right now and I would rather trade something and get it legitly than someone giving it to me (unless I win a drawing or trivia or contest or something).

Retro obsessed dude

Young man, you've got character.  That's why we like you so much. 

PS - I can have you pay for shipping if you wish.  That makes it pretty much legit in my book.  After all, they are duplicates...just sitting sadly in my duplicates shoe box. 

Robot Tank makes terrifically good use of the console's attributes to create a fun environment.

The sky changes between night and day, the tanks rumbles along, the controls are easy and fun yet reveal a working 3D landscape to move around with as you head into the ultimate deathmatch.

Riddle is on my bucket list.

Forgot about Blue Print. I'll wait for your review for a reminder.

And Asteroids - It was originally a blockbuster, heavily-awaited title when it came out. Great port of the arcade version (despite of the tricky needs to adapt a smooth-running vector-graphics game).

Personally, I got it as a pricey gift after much begging and chores around the house. It cost a pretty penny (over 60$ at the time) but offered top-notch rock-blastin' fun with a colorful cosmic landscape and very practical controller adaptation of the original's shield and teleport function.

Also, if you do get original controllers for the 2600, try to get as many as you can cuz they wear out pretty fast after rigorous (or just continous) shifting around.

Then again, we weren't thinking of wear-and-tear at the time and did not pay attention to our repeated attempts to rip the handle off the base, in a futile gesture to make the ship/adventurer/square avatar zip faster across the screen to escape/catch the villain.

I musta busted a few just chasing that darn Bat who kept stealing my sword just as dragons came in for a bite.

I had no idea!!!

Yup. One of my preferred ways of playing Atari. I even once posted this pic on my No Swear Gamer Facebook page showing my set up of playing Nintendo's Donkey Kong on the Atari 7800 with a Sega Genesis controller.

post-303-0-09368200-1428874579_thumb.jpg

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Had two trade packages waiting for me yesterday when I got home, full of all sorts of goodness & games, including these six:

Air-Sea Battle

Bermuda Triangle

Burger Time

Sky Diver

Spider-Man

StarMaster

Nothing too rare, but I wanted to share. Also, I stayed up a little past my bedtime last night cataloging all of my duplicates, so be on the lookout in the "trade" thread later!

post-479-0-01219700-1429800767_thumb.jpg

Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted.

Franz Kafka

I've got to remember to stop taking all my pics in the square "Instagram" format; they all get rotated on the forums...

Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted.

Franz Kafka

Archived