The Atari 2600 Encyclopedia Volume One

Greyfox

Hello everybody,

Firstly I'm very sorry for the lack of commitment to the forum here, I actually slightly forgot about this site and one I felt deserves the attention as a proper Atari haven to visit on a regular basis, something I wish to change this year and become a regular here and talk about all things Atari :)

and with that I'm delighted to announce that I have been commissioned to produce massive 400+ page book based on the Atari 2600 American games library which comes and I mean completely packed with Atari 2600 artifacts and covers 100 games in its first volume, this is be the definitive guide go to for your Atari 2600 fix. Includes lots of information about the games, the rarity of them etc. plus lots more. Sound good?

Everything has been remastered to the highest standard, including box art, cartridge images, manuals, so they will look superb in the book and better than anything on the internet. The book is been written by author Derek Slaton whom also wrote the Encyclopedia for the Sega Master system his book can be checked out and purchased here for the UK or Here for the USA or on Itunes Here

Now on with a show case of that book will deliver

The Book Cover

oi92mf.jpg

Preview of some of the content

155rsc2.jpg

The book is now complete and is in its proofing stage for the printers and is expected mid / late May, it's been an amazing, tiresome and awesome achievement to design and produce such a book in under 8 weeks, yes..8 weeks a new record for me. As regarding pricing on this Derek Slaton the author has come up with a solution to both satisfy both sides of the water, the printers he has commissioned can ship to Europe and the United States without any added taxes or shipping costs which is great, secondly, because of the page count full colour 8.5" x 11" the cost of the book with be worthy investment of roughly about $45-50$ mark for the size and content, The digital versions are going to be cheaper, right now The author is looking at around the $10-$15 price point for the various digital versions (going to depend on version as there will be a multimedia version of the book on iTunes with embedded gameplay video for each game). He also want to make sure it is accessible to as many people as possible.

So I hope you all will at some stage support the book and can visit the website http://www.thevgatv.com/ where it will be directly purchased as well the Amazon and iTunes links will be issues when it's released , I will update the thread when it arrives :)

Thank you all for taking the time to have a look :)

Darren.

Unofficial Atari: a Visual History

WWW.GREYFOXBOOK.COM

wonder if Justin will be giving away copies of this in the chat room???????

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I sure will if I can get my hands on some!  :emoji-E420:

i call first copy!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Hey everyone, I'm Derek the author of the book.  If anyone has any questions about the project I will be around throughout the day!

If Albert from AtariAge.com will be setting up his booth at the Houston ArcadeExpo this November, you need to sell this book there! Everyone loves his setup of all the consoles to play during the expo and I'm sure this would be a big seller there!

The digital version is on iTunes and there is a PDF version as well that will work with any tablet or PC.  I'm exploring putting it out on the Kindle as well, but have to get the print version squared away first.

I am in touch with Albert from AtariAge, as he is helping me get the word out about the book.  I am in Austin so I'm looking at setting up at several conventions if the timing works out with my job/move over the summer.  Thanks for the heads up though!

Just to let everyone know, the book is officially for sale!  The digital versions are available worldwide, but the print version is only showing up on the US Amazon.  The printer has told me that it will take anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks for it to show up on the UK Amazon.  The link below will take you to the the links to all the different versions.

http://www.thevgatv.com/Game_Books/

Archived