Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Atari I/O Build Team

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 leolinden

leolinden

Pretzel Member

• 444 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:57 AM

If so, someone should make a github or something that we can put the files on and change files and such.

young Atari lover

#22 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 426 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

gthub offers a free plan if we go that way, (unless we want to be more private)

other choices will be like one drive which I use for time to time and I'll make a private link for people can edit files and such

I also have space on the server that host my websites(avc online and Videogamesummit.net,I will have to give you the password and my username if you want to upload stuff your self or you can send it to me and I can save it on my own)

I would also be willing to make webpage for us show games and post updates(wordpress type since I'm switch avc online to wordpress after july)

AVC Online:atari-video.club

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

#23 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 426 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:44 PM

That would be cool. What language would we use? Batari? Or use some other thing.

batari basic for 2600

#24 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 426 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:17 PM

bumping this up, I want to see this happen.

I'll be working my avc online website soon would like to include the Atari IO build team on it as well(we can use the space I have on the same server for my site d/l's and you can e-mail me files for upload(or I can give you my name and password to upload your self)

the reason why is the rvgs kickstarter starts in sept on the 14th

#25 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,032 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:47 PM

DeLorean was going to spearhead this project With the community but it was set on the back burner when she went on hiatus. I'd like to see the build team move ahead to fruition.
  • Dan Iacovelli likes this

#26 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 426 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:11 PM

I'll be glad to have it on my site to start. we'll start with 2600 programing with bBasic and using VirtualbB program

then after few months we will move to 7800 with 7800Basic and if interest is grown we can add jaguar with raptor +

but our main will be 2600.

• Arenafoot likes this

#27 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,248 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

I'm still in if we can wait for the kids to go back to school.
  • The Professor likes this

#28 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,249 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:37 AM

I'm still in if we can wait for the kids to go back to school.

mine started last friday...........  :)

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#29 leolinden

leolinden

Pretzel Member

• 444 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

Okay. Im back in school, but I can still code. So here's my idea of how to organise ourselves.

Files: Google Docs or similar

Public Website: if Dan still is able to host the site

Project management: Trello

Language: BatariBASIC

Who's ready to make this a thing?
  • Justin, The Professor, MaximumRD and 2 others like this

young Atari lover

#30 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,248 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

:thumb: :emoji-E420: :thumbsup:   I am!

I'll need a few days to get through the tutorials. 

• Justin and The Professor like this

#31 leolinden

leolinden

Pretzel Member

• 444 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 12:56 PM

I'll set everything up.

young Atari lover

#32 leolinden

leolinden

Pretzel Member

• 444 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

I started emailing people, but decided to just have you PM me your email if interested. So no one's confused. Unless someone has a better idea.

Edited by leolinden, 30 August 2015 - 01:02 PM.

young Atari lover

#33 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 426 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

will pm you in bit about the site, just did a soft launch of AVC online in wordpress

#34 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,249 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

I'll throw in a good idea (IMO) for the first Atari.io homebrew/hack title............ Galaga. Since this title has not been attempted yet (to my knowledge and research), I'm thinking if someone here learning bB could easily start off by hacking into the released title Galaxian and do a graphic hack and turn it into Galaga, or deport the 7800 verison of Galaga to the VCS/2600. This should be a big hit once its done (and tested!) and the other Atari site wouldn't have it too.

Thoughts?

• Doctor Octagon and RickR like this

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#35 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 426 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

sounds like a good idea

#36 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,248 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:39 PM

I'll throw in a good idea (IMO) for the first Atari.io homebrew/hack title............ Galaga. Since this title has not been attempted yet (to my knowledge and research), I'm thinking if someone here learning bB could easily start off by hacking into the released title Galaxian and do a graphic hack and turn it into Galaga, or deport the 7800 verison of Galaga to the VCS/2600. This should be a big hit once its done (and tested!) and the other Atari site wouldn't have it too.

Thoughts?

I think it's a great idea.  But we really need to walk before we can run. 

From what I've been reading, you can't take a released game and decompile it into Batari Basic.  We might be able to grab some sprites, but otherwise would be starting from scratch.

I'm going to propose a much simpler first title.  More to come soon. 

But Galaga is an excelling idea for project #2!

• The Professor and Arenafoot like this

#37 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,249 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

We might be able to grab some sprites, but otherwise would be starting from scratch.

I think some sprites have been done already but no one took the ball and ran with it yet.

#38 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 426 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

since I haven't heard back on leo on what type of site he would like, I'll figure just do a page on my Main site for it.

it will have links to the atari age bBasic section for 2600 programming as well as RT's  page for programing

and link to leo's google drive for files of games.(in the future I'll add pages for 7800 Basic and Raptor+ for Jaguar,but our main focus will be 2600)

I'll have the build team page up prob monday or tuesday any other ideas for the 2600 build team page

• Arenafoot likes this

#39 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 426 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

heres a link to the build team page http://avc.atari-use...et/?page_id=109

its not active (meaning it's not linked to site yet)

let me know what else you like to be added

#40 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

• 2,249 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:52 AM

heres a link to the build team page http://avc.atari-use...et/?page_id=109

its not active (meaning it's not linked to site yet)

let me know what else you like to be added

Sweet deal Dan! Looks like all the basics are covered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users