Buyer Beware - Atari2600.com

Rowsdower70

I wasn't sure where this should be posted, but I did know I needed to warn you fine folks about my bad experience with Atari2600.com (still ongoing.)

I ordered a joystick from them on 4.1.15, got charged and confirmation of purchase email.  Didn't think much about it because I order crap all the time.

Fast forward to 2 weeks later and my wife reminds me, "Didn't you order a joystick from that website?"   So I email the guy to check and see what might have happened.  My email and my contact form on the site were both ignored, so I found their number in fairly small print on the contact page and called.   A friendly enough guy, I think his name was Brad answered.  He explained they had problems with the shipping department, blah blah, no big deal he was going to walk it through the shipping process and get me a tracking number by the end of the day. 

Fast forward to today, no tracking number, no product, wont take my calls or respond to voicemails, wont answer emails or contact forms.

I'm stuck now having to do a chargeback on my card, file a BBB complaint, etc.   All over a 10 dollar order.

I would caution anyone to avoid this guy.  If his ethics are called in question over 10 dollars, I'd hate to think what he might do to someone spending some real money.

Cheers!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

good to know.....thought about ordering from them - now I won't

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

I've suffered the exact same experience as Rowsdower70. I've found them to be hustlers at worse, lazy and dishonest Atari brokers at best. I want to be fair here, not trying to pile on the guy, but they were pretty lousy to me.

Ordered from them twice. First order was delayed by about 45 days, same story as Rowsdower70, and had to send it back anyway because the item they sent me was used when I had paid for new. He cleared things up but so much time went by it didn't even matter. But... Hey mistakes happen right? I'm a nice guy, gave him the benefit of the doubt and went back for a second order for another item. It has yet to arrive.

I've always had positive experiences with best electronics and atarisales.com. I've ordered from them for probably 20 years and have always been treated right and if there was ever a problem it was taken care of swiftly. Legit men who can process a credit card. I've also bought some Lynx homebrews from Carl Forhan at Songbird Productions and he was a very nice guy.

I've suffered the exact same experience as Rowsdower70. I've found them to be hustlers at worse, lazy and dishonest Atari brokers at best. I want to be fair here, not trying to pile on the guy, but they were pretty lousy to me.

Ordered from them twice. First order was delayed by about 45 days, same story as Rowsdower70, and had to send it back anyway because the item they sent me was used when I had paid for new. He cleared things up but so much time went by it didn't even matter. But... Hey mistakes happen right? I'm a nice guy, gave him the benefit of the doubt and went back for a second order for another item. It has yet to arrive.

I've always had positive experiences with best electronics and atarisales.com. I've ordered from them for probably 20 years and have always been treated right and if there was ever a problem it was taken care of swiftly. Legit men who can process a credit card. I've also bought some Lynx homebrews from Carl Forhan at Songbird Productions and he was a very nice guy.

Thanks for the heads up on atarisales.com!   What part of Texas are you in Yo-Yo?

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

Archived