Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

CV - got some new stuff

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,504 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:08 PM

First item is a box.  Courtesy of correagonzales.  He gave it to me for the cost of shipping, which is really very nice.  I figured I have an Expansion module #1 without a box, and he had a box with no expansion module....well, it's like mixing peanut butter and chocolate.  Win-win.  I could swear I heard both items say "Ahhhh" when I put them together. 

ColecoVision 001.JPG

ColecoVision 002.JPG

ColecoVision 003.JPG

Next are Front Line and Defender, courtesy of a trade with Rowsdower70.  Another great user here in the forums.  Front Line requires the giant "Super Action Controller", and the control scheme is kind of weird.  Two buttons control the gun rotation.  Why didn't they use the roller/dial thingy?

Defender.  Is.  Awesome.  This version is one of the best I've seen.  The background stars move in parallax.  And check out the explosion of your ship...huge...just like the arcade. 

ColecoVision 005.JPG

ColecoVision 009.JPG

ColecoVision 013.JPG

ColecoVision 011.JPG

And finally, Cabbage Patch Kids.  Yeah, sounds a little "kidsy".  But it's fun.  Feels like the sequel to the Smurf game.  Nice music, fun game.  Got this one on ebay.

ColecoVision 006.JPG

ColecoVision 008.JPG

• Justin, MaximumRD, greenween and 3 others like this

#2 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

Defender looks great but the problem is that it is too easy. I did a video on how to marathon it.
  • MaximumRD and Rowsdower70 like this
! THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT: http://forums.atari....trocade/?p=7683

#3 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

Those are awesome pickups Rick

• MaximumRD and Rowsdower70 like this

#4 Dan Iacovelli

Dan Iacovelli

Pretzel Member

• 428 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

nice

• Rowsdower70 likes this

AVC Online:atari-video.club

VGS website: http://videogamesummit.net

#5 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

The CV is such a gorgeous machine.   All of the arcade ports were just spot on. 

Glad I could contribute a bit to your collection, Rick!

• MaximumRD and RickR like this

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#6 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 5,504 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:38 PM

I need to fiddle with my camera a little to get better screen shots.  Maybe a faster shutter speed. 

• MaximumRD likes this

#7 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,282 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 11:14 PM

love the explosion on the Defender screenshot!

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#8 MaximumRD

MaximumRD

MST3K Fan

• 1,115 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

The expansion module is great! What a weird early time in gaming history, could you imagine a rival gaming company allowing the competitors games on the rival console today? Of course that would never happen and this came about due to some court settlements between Atari and Coleco back in the day, even Coleco's Gemini a full stand alone 2600 compatible, great times. Some guy even modder one of those expansion modules to be a complete stand alone 2600 console ! 

• RickR likes this

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer
and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd
ON the FACEBOOK? Well have I got the Classic Gaming / Computing group for you!

;) https://www.facebook...ximumrdclassic/

#9 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:53 PM

It would be interesting to know exactly how many of those expansion modules were sold. Just curious as to what percentage of customers were sold on a Colecovision because they could add the expansion module to play 2600 carts.
  • Arenafoot likes this
! THIS MEMBER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THE FOLLOWING INCIDENT: http://forums.atari....trocade/?p=7683

#10 VectorGamer

VectorGamer

BANNED

• Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:53 PM

Double post

Edited by VectorGamer, 15 May 2015 - 09:26 AM.

#11 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,282 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:28 AM

are they really rare? or not?

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#12 Justin

Justin

The Shah of Atari

• Administrator
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:13 AM

In a sense that Cabbage Patch game looks better than a lot of NES games. It's hard sometimes to justify why Atari wasn't prepared to go head-to-head against ColecoVision with anything other than the tech in the 5200.

• RickR likes this

#13 Jayson_B24

Jayson_B24

Strawberry Member

• 71 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

Very cool! What a great community we've got here! Wish I knew what became of my old CV, since I can't seem to find one near me.
Atlas was permitted the opinion that he was at liberty, if he wished, to drop the Earth and creep away; but this opinion was all that he was permitted.

Franz Kafka

#14 extendedplayarcade

extendedplayarcade

Strawberry Member

• 78 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:44 PM

Sweet pick up!

Brent
Extended Play Arcade
https://www.youtube....endedplayarcade Sub 4 Sub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users