Colecovision video game pick up videos!

extendedplayarcade

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! 

Smurfs it is!

Congrats on the win! 

Holy smokin' trackballs! Is it really?

It's an honor to be smurfed.

This cart, y'know? Out of all the games that were presented as a preview image before the console went commercial, this cart made me wonder if we had reached the next level of gaming - live cartoon play.

I mean, why not?

The Atari 2600 blew my mind with its swift controls and imaginative titles that flew past initial 'blocky graphics' reactions and actualized smooth gaming as a reality.

Intellivision brought team sports gaming to the home by multiplying its bitset and threw in some voice simulation for good measure.

Home computers had started to push the boundaries in ways unseen by many (costly machines, not much print about game specifics at the time, King's Quest was the nec-plus-ultra).

So why wouldn't Coleco bring home something outstanding like playable cartoons?

Their Donkey Kong port was flawless at first glimpse. Other titles looked colorful and promising.

I wasn't a smurf fan per se. The era previous to this had given us The Smurfs and the Magic Flute as a full-length animated feature, which was okay (bug hit in our cinemas).

The comics were a lot of fun. Our house was littered with the plastic toy replica of every smurf imaginable.

We collected them, had the mushroom house. It was the fad toy of its day.

So, when the Colecovision was adopted in our house, the Smurf cart came with it, not long after.

eh...fun little creatures, big blah of a let-down.

The graphics were okay, that little walk was neat and that hop amusing...the first few dozens of times I tried hopping that fence.

That very first obstacle.

Just the one fence.

Killed me.

I know I musta made it past at some point, but no recollection of this event exists in my mind.

Just that...one...single...white...high...oh so high...fence...

Never again.

No.

I'm ready Gargamel....

smurfsmurfsmurf

!

wow well said...

i love the smurfs game.. might be my fav on the system sorry to say lol... next to Donkey Kong at the time...even tough the console had so many awesome titles.

I just had to play what my neighbor had in his collection...   I had an intellivision he had all the other systems

great call my friend... if I had any money i'd send ya a prize!

Holy smokin' trackballs! Is it really?

It's an honor to be smurfed.

This cart, y'know? Out of all the games that were presented as a preview image before the console went commercial, this cart made me wonder if we had reached the next level of gaming - live cartoon play.

I mean, why not?

The Atari 2600 blew my mind with its swift controls and imaginative titles that flew past initial 'blocky graphics' reactions and actualized smooth gaming as a reality.

Intellivision brought team sports gaming to the home by multiplying its bitset and threw in some voice simulation for good measure.

Home computers had started to push the boundaries in ways unseen by many (costly machines, not much print about game specifics at the time, King's Quest was the nec-plus-ultra).

So why wouldn't Coleco bring home something outstanding like playable cartoons?

Their Donkey Kong port was flawless at first glimpse. Other titles looked colorful and promising.

I wasn't a smurf fan per se. The era previous to this had given us The Smurfs and the Magic Flute as a full-length animated feature, which was okay (bug hit in our cinemas).

The comics were a lot of fun. Our house was littered with the plastic toy replica of every smurf imaginable.

We collected them, had the mushroom house. It was the fad toy of its day.

So, when the Colecovision was adopted in our house, the Smurf cart came with it, not long after.

eh...fun little creatures, big blah of a let-down.

The graphics were okay, that little walk was neat and that hop amusing...the first few dozens of times I tried hopping that fence.

That very first obstacle.

Just the one fence.

Killed me.

I know I musta made it past at some point, but no recollection of this event exists in my mind.

Just that...one...single...white...high...oh so high...fence...

Never again.

No.

I'm ready Gargamel....

smurfsmurfsmurf

!

Brent
Extended Play Arcade
https://www.youtube.com/user/extendedplayarcade Sub 4 Sub

Archived