Colecovision video game pick up videos!

extendedplayarcade

Newest pick up video btw!   it is my Happy 41st Birthday Pick up video May 19, 2015 

Nice score......i'm in the same boat as you - never had a Colecovision (still don't) but planning on getting one soon and my first 3 (must-have) title choices are Donkey Kong, Zaxxon, & Lady Bug.

Happy Birthday!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Thanks for the b-day wishes... and I couldn't agree more

that damn fence lol

still the graphics for a console that you had in your house at the time where mind blowing...

game was hard though... can't wait to revisit it soon... i am sure my anticipation is probably more fun than replaying the game lol

Happy bd!!!

Smurfs is a great game, but the control scheme is pretty goofy. Hey Coleco, there are two buttons...why not make the second one long/high jump???? Eh, I still love the game.

Brent
Extended Play Arcade
https://www.youtube.com/user/extendedplayarcade Sub 4 Sub

Yeah I hope I can find some time this weekend to fix my machine.

My good friend has fixed a few 100 of  them and told he'd skype to see if he can help me walk me through it

Good choices on games!

Nice score......i'm in the same boat as you - never had a Colecovision (still don't) but planning on getting one soon and my first 3 (must-have) title choices are Donkey Kong, Zaxxon, & Lady Bug.

Happy Birthday!

Brent
Extended Play Arcade

Yeah I feel the same way... I have to do some videos on my Atari 2600 collection...     It is just bigger and my colecovision is smaller and more manageable for me right now

I want a ColecoVision. It has truly beautiful graphics, considering it was out alongside the blockier 2600... I still love you, Atari, just consider Coleco my summer fling.

Brent
Extended Play Arcade

Hey! Happy Birthday EP!

Great games you got yourself there, too.

Thanks for sharing your haul.

I have tried the Rocky game and controller when they came out, from a local store that used to rent out these items and you could buy 'em if you wanted.

Most people rented because these peripherals - on top of the actual system and games - added so much to the cost of a single section of an entertainment center (hey, those stereo albums ain't gonna buy themselves) didn't sell as much in our low-to-middle income areas.

But playing these for a weekend was lots of fun.

Although, the Rocky controller wasn't as good as its promising expectations

I dunno if it was the response-time where it wasn't as swift as something like Activision's genius Boxing game, or maybe having them for such a short time didn't allow the mastery and needed instinctive level of controller-play.

Had a blast, in any case. Rocky was better than the Baseball game that accompanied it. Couldn't figure that one out, scheme-wise.

Also tried Slither and the trac-ball, some other weekend.

Now *that* was fun and a half.

And Zaxxon is a Colecovision Must-Have, indeed.

I'll expand on this one another time, cuz my love for it is deep.

ah man, now I gotta dig out my carts (still have the boxes!) and see if any of my two controllers work.

Is there such thing as Coleco-Itis for finger ache?

There will be...

Wow that is awesome!   My only intention with all my videos and photos is to inspire others to get out their collection, display it, share it with their family/friends/children.

My collection over the 41 years i've been alive isn't that big... (and yes I know i wasn't collecting the first 5 years of my life lol) but I cherish all the ones and new carts I get.

I really love this hobby and sharing stories and memories is equally as fun.

I am glad to see my videos don't come across like I am bragging..   It is not my intention at all...'

If you dig out your collection and display it... please post photos!

Brent

Hey! Happy Birthday EP!

Great games you got yourself there, too.

Thanks for sharing your haul.

I have tried the Rocky game and controller when they came out, from a local store that used to rent out these items and you could buy 'em if you wanted.

Most people rented because these peripherals - on top of the actual system and games - added so much to the cost of a single section of an entertainment center (hey, those stereo albums ain't gonna buy themselves) didn't sell as much in our low-to-middle income areas.

But playing these for a weekend was lots of fun.

Although, the Rocky controller wasn't as good as its promising expectations

I dunno if it was the response-time where it wasn't as swift as something like Activision's genius Boxing game, or maybe having them for such a short time didn't allow the mastery and needed instinctive level of controller-play.

Had a blast, in any case. Rocky was better than the Baseball game that accompanied it. Couldn't figure that one out, scheme-wise.

Also tried Slither and the trac-ball, some other weekend.

Now *that* was fun and a half.

And Zaxxon is a Colecovision Must-Have, indeed.

I'll expand on this one another time, cuz my love for it is deep.

ah man, now I gotta dig out my carts (still have the boxes!) and see if any of my two controllers work.

Is there such thing as Coleco-Itis for finger ache?

There will be...

Brent
Extended Play Arcade

Brent, did you get your colecovision working?  I saw a post where you did not want to take the sticker off the front to open it up.  Here is a vid I did modding my colecovison with a new power switch.  it shows how to take the colecovision apart without removing the front sticker :)   Keep up the great vids!, love your channel :)

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

Wow awesome... i am going to grab my popcorn and watch this...  thanks so much!  and I appreciate the compliment on my channel as well.. i see you have one going to subscribe right now! 

Brent, did you get your colecovision working?  I saw a post where you did not want to take the sticker off the front to open it up.  Here is a vid I did modding my colecovison with a new power switch.  it shows how to take the colecovision apart without removing the front sticker :)   Keep up the great vids!, love your channel :)

Brent
Extended Play Arcade

Archived