Join the World of Atari!

Sign In or Create Your Atari I/O Account to join the party! Membership is always free! Gain full access to an amazing new retrogaming community with UNLIMITED member features, weekly high score championships, and prizes. Join other friendly retrogamers as we celebrate nostalgia & classic games, from Atari to Nintendo, Sega, TurboGrafx-16 and beyond!

Photo

Gallagher for Budweiser beer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 The Professor

The Professor

• 1,032 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:59 AM

Saw this on the Retroist and had to share. Nothing says mid-1980s like Gallagher in a Budweiser commercial.

• RickR and Arenafoot like this

#2 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,930 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

Man, that is pretty wild. 

Edited by RickR, 15 May 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#3 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,930 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

I retract my comment, as it wasn't the right tone for this site.  Let's just say his routine probably isn't appropriate for families at a state fair.

#4 Yo-Yo

Yo-Yo

Apple Member

• 548 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

I would think Gallagher would do really well at the state fair on the game where you slam a sledgehammer down on the pad that pops a ball up to ring that bell
  • RickR likes this
Welcome to the short bus.

#5 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,930 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

Yeah.  But his act includes very crude and insensitive jokes. 

#6 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Didn't Gallagher sell the name and entire act to his brother?

Also, I can't see Gallagher without thinking about Dave Chappelle's Black Gallagher skit.

Edited by Rowsdower70, 15 May 2015 - 05:30 PM.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

#7 RickR

RickR

The Don

• 4,930 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:42 PM

Lot of good info here:

http://en.wikipedia....gher_(comedian)

• Rowsdower70 likes this

#8 Arenafoot

Arenafoot

Atari VCS/2600 Homebrew curator

• 2,206 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

I never knew Gallagher did a Bud commercial! Especially in 1985???? When we got our first VCR in 1986, we rented VHS tapes all the time and I rented all of the Gallagher tapes! They are classics. Now I have the entire collection (Gallagher Smash-o-matic Collection) on DVD. Its a must see!!

consoles I own: Atari 2600 Vader & Jr. (short rainbow) w/box, GCE Vectrex, Radio Shack CoCo2 (64k) w/box, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64 (x3), Xbox (Halo Ed.), PS1 (x3), PS2 slim, Wii, Mattel HyperScan (x2) handhelds I own: Microvision w/box, Electronic Football (by Sears) w/box, Tomytronic Pac-Man w/ box, Entex PacMan2, Coleco Donkey Kong tabletop w/box (w/ Coleco "Perma-Power" Adapter), & all MGA Classic Arcade's and Jakk's Pacific/TV Games Plug-n-Play.

#9 Rowsdower70

Rowsdower70

Pear Member

• 2,302 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Lot of good info here:

http://en.wikipedia....gher_(comedian)

Wow, I had no idea it was that dirty!

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users